Author Topic: Expat community  (Read 3715 times)

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
Expat community
« on: March 20, 2017, 23:09:22 PM »
Thinking of taking the plunge and moving out to Calis but will be alone. What's the expat community like and is it easy for a single female of a certain age (61 but fighting it all the way

Offline AgingDave

Re: Expat community
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:10:28 AM »
I am a single male out here aged 70 next month and live alone quite happily. There is also a lot of single women in Calis living alone

Offline busybee

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 06:09:24 AM »
There are lots of activities you can join, painting classes, walking groups, charity organisations, too many to mention.  Its a good way to meet people.  I know so many single women, even tho I am married, most of my friends are single.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:30:32 AM »
The advice  most often given for moving out to Turkey is, don't burn your boats, i.e. Do not sell up in the U.K just yet.  Rent a place for 6 months in Calis and best time is to rent is in Winter. 
I know a lot of single lady ex-pats, they are all part of Charity Organisations.  I think a lot of ladies join these groups so they will find  things to do to occupy their time, keep them active and also to make friends.   As previously said, the painting and walking and cycling  groups seem to be very popular. Good luck  ;D

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »
I've lived out here, on my own, for the better part of 7 years. I tried a couple of activities, & then became involved with 3C's. Life hasn't always been "beer & skittles", but at least I haven't had to go to work   :D  ;)

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 13:19:51 PM »
Thanks Liz thats nice to know -I definitely want to get involved. I like going out as much as the next person but definitely don't want to be going out every night drinking. I will only have a small private pension (the state one is 5 years away yet

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf