Author Topic: Short term letting registration just completed Here is the steps and expences.  (Read 14573 times)

Offline maclarke1

Thank you, very helpful. When you say "we" have just completed a daily rental registration, does that mean you have done it for yourselves or have you helped/organised this on behalf of somebody else who is renting there property out?

Hope that makes sense!

Offline Inspector

Thank you, very helpful. When you say "we" have just completed a daily rental registration, does that mean you have done it for yourselves or have you helped/organised this on behalf of somebody else who is renting there property out?

Hope that makes sense!
I have forwarded an UK citizen (who is living and working in UK) to an accountant and they have completed the process in two days. They  fly to UK yesterday.

Offline Phil

Thanks for all these details and figures - I am just about to embark on the process myself.

Just one question - my ( limited ) understanding was that there was a second part of the process which involved the premises being inspected ( presumably by some one from the Belediye) as being suitable for rent.

I had a feeling that this involved fire safety etc.

Did you complete this process as well ??

Cheers

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Received a quote from Rainbow. Property Management.£250 per year and also new Rental Management which includes registering guests, registering tax with accountant, closing account end of season £250 per year. Also extra fee of approx £200 to get you started on the system. ı am waiting on a reply from a few extra questions I've asked so will update as soon as.
Hope this helps cover some questions.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
What must be annoying for some is the fact that they maybe let friends stay in their home a couple of weeks a year and took a nominal fee from them to cover electric, water, cleaning, etc and maybe a little more.

This system, according to some reports, means this can no longer happen without registering as a business and paying all the costs involved.

So we have a situation where there will be many owners who will no longer risk letting friends (and maybe even daughters) stay. This means those people will probably go to Spain, Portugal or wherever and spend their money in those countries.

It's also annoying because the chances are that two to four weeks rental income would not incur tax charges yet these owners are effectively banned from casually renting their property.

Hopefully things become more transparent over the next few months but at the moment we have had to tell friends they can't use our place this year or in the future.

I expect many homes to go on the market over the next few months. Maybe that's the idea behind this?

Offline patrice

What must be annoying for some is the fact that they maybe let friends stay in their home a couple of weeks a year and took a nominal fee from them to cover electric, water, cleaning, etc and maybe a little more.

This system, according to some reports, means this can no longer happen without registering as a business and paying all the costs involved.

So we have a situation where there will be many owners who will no longer risk letting friends (and maybe even daughters) stay. This means those people will probably go to Spain, Portugal or wherever and spend their money in those countries.

It's also annoying because the chances are that two to four weeks rental income would not incur tax charges yet these owners are effectively banned from casually renting their property.

Hopefully things become more transparent over the next few months but at the moment we have had to tell friends they can't use our place this year or in the future.

I expect many homes to go on the market over the next few months. Maybe that's the idea behind this?

One of the reason we sold up and  issues on the complex such as disputes with management and lack of maintenance payments from new owners .Sad but at least we managed to sell without losing our investment.

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
Exactly the position we're in, Stoop.

However, we have friends and family who had already booked flights before all this flared up. I am not going to let them down and cancel them, especially as in one case, the use of our place is also our wedding present to them and it will be their honeymoon.

Consequently, this will actually mean we are out of pocket because of the new regulations for the year.

However, I don't think this will mean we will sell up but, it does mean that we'll no longer be letting friends and family stay.

If you multiply several owners doing the same, I do wonder what effect this will have on local businesses and how much of a hit they will take.

And if you want to take it a step further, what about property sales? How many people took the plunge and bought their own property because they stayed in somebody elses private apartment/villa for a few days fell in love with what the lifestyle offers? These people will now only experience it through the commercial hotel experience which, I'm sure you'll agree, is vastly different from having somewhere to call your own.

Offline andyfitz

• Newly Registered
Can someone just clarify this please:
I am in full time employment in the UK and therefore pay National Insurance /tax.
I own and rent out my apartment.
My understanding from this post is that I do not need to register under the new rules?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
As I understand it, if you own a property in Turkey and rent it out, you need to register. Your UK tax status/situation does not come into it.

Offline andyfitz

• Newly Registered
Scunner, thats what I thought. Its this bit of the post that is now confusing me:

Applicant living and employee in UK
Important note: If you live in the UK and you are still working as a worker or employer under social security you will not need SGK registration. If  you are living in Turkey or you can not prove your social security in the UK, you have to register as SGK as employer and pay a monthly premium.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf