Author Topic: Recommended hairdresser  (Read 18088 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Recommended hairdresser
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »
Wow, what a total rip off.   I hate to see tourists being overcharged like this.   However, this lady does not realise the power of CBF.
We always go to Goldfinger in Ovacik. Last month I got a manicure, gel and shellac on nails, pedicure, wash and blow dry.  Phil got manicure and pedicure.  It cost us £80.00.    We went twice this trip at the beginning and end of our holiday.    The last visit as it was our Anniversary, Bayram told me I was a getting make-up on the house.  It was lovely reallly enjoyed it.  Phil always gets a back massage as the girl there is a trained Masseuse and he always says his back feels great after her treatment,  he got his massage on our second visit.  We have been using Goldfinger for 4 years now and it does cost more than  some other places but we always think it is well worth it.  A totall profession but very friendly Salon.  The two male hairdressers are equally as good and take great pains to give you the hairstyle you want.  I always love the way they do my hair.    ;D  :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 11:44:08 AM »
Wendy, you were definitely "overcharged". I've been using Best now in Tasyaka from the time they were opposite the entrance to Umbrella Street. 130tl for colour, cut & blowdry + 45tl for manicure & pedicure (non Shellac).

Reminds me of the barber's opposite the 3C's shop, who vastly overcharged someone for a shave & haircut last season - guess what they are now gone!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 16:23:04 PM »
Yes you were totally ripped off..
Cihan is about 150tl for 3 colour lowlights cut & blow.
I dont know shellac prices but would assume 100tl top wack for hands & feet.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline WendyA

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 16:45:47 PM »
Well folks, hopefully this has spread the message! As ai said I don't want to be unpleasant and I realise she is trying to establish herself but, if she is going to rip off people then I feel the news does need to be spread. As the cost would probably have been more in the UK I could have stomached it better had I been really pleased with the results. However she has made me far too blonde and I am going to have to pay a UK hairdresser next week on top of this to bring it down a bit or the roots will look awful. She seems to have cut it pretty well but, again, took far more than I asked off - so, maybe choose a different hairdressers to go to. (BTW she said she was the only English speaking hairdresser in Calis, so perhaps she thinks this helps her to inflate her prices.) ☹️

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 20:27:07 PM »
Hi Wendy, sorry to here you were charged so much but don't you think you should of questioned the price at the time with Turkan before awakening the hornets on here who haven't been to this hairdresser & who beleive one bad experience must be a regular occurrence & seem to think power of CBF is enough to effect trade on one person's experience, I know my wife had her hair cut/coloured/roots, threading & I had a pedicure at the same time which all altogether came to about 150TL,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 22:20:11 PM »
We need to ask the price of everything first, every time, in Turkey.

But is it acceptable to charge an extortionate amount, because the person didn't ask the price first?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 22:26:43 PM »
Just so you know, this topic has appeared on the Facebook Fethiye expats group - and your hairdresser says you have never been there

Offline WendyA

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 22:48:16 PM »
Oh dear - that makes me cross now. I was not trying to be unpleasant, as I have stated in reading my posts. I was just asking others to be aware, do what I didn't and ask the price first, as Scunner suggests. To deny my visit and claim she hadn't charged that price is rather damning, I'm afraid. She obviously realises it was inappropriate and cannot justify those charges, which shows she did overcharge me. I would rather her prices were too high than to have been ripped off!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 23:05:31 PM »
WendyA

Don't fret - I have had a similar (if not worse) reaction for someone in Turkey who we thought was a friend.

It seems to be a Turkish trait in at least some locals. :(

Would it be appropriate to invite the hairdresser on here via facebook.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 23:25:31 PM »
It's a pity she did not show Wendy the price list she is going to share.  As someone classed as a hornet.  I am glad I have been warned about this place and the fact only locals do not face being ripped off.
Yes CBF does have power.  I have learned that over about 10 years.  Word spreads very quickly. 
Obviously, this woman should apologise and offer a refund, but like a lot of people caught out, she is now calling her customer a liar.   Bad move.
Wendy, if you are over anything when we are, we will gladly give you a lift up to Goldfinger. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf