Author Topic: Ciftlik  (Read 8055 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Ciftlik
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 13:19:20 PM »
I'm not saying the roads are bad in Kaya, but there are Syrian refugees living in some of the potholes. !!

A good comedian needs to know his audience Kevin. You'd have probably got away with it if you'd substituted "a tribe of pygmies" for "Syrian refugees".  :)

Besides, there are probably far worse potholes in the UK than there are in Kaya these days.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 16:14:19 PM »
It was a bad taste joke..It happens. If I thought for a minute Kev was in anyway having a serious pop at Syrian refugees then I would say. He is a decent bloke who does alot for different charities as well as people on here. When I announced on CBF my daughter has Leukaemia he was the first there offering his support from empathising to offering to take me to the hospital in Devon from any airport I landed at. So cut him some slack. He is a decent bloke and a good LOYAL friend to many. He just made a wrong choice.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ciftlik
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 16:30:01 PM »
I agree - I am in awe of Menthol and the others who have done so much for the local Syrian refugees - and I am guessing Kevin didn't know that - but I also know first hand what a wonderful and giving supporter of local charities and good causes Kevin is and always had been.

Unfortunate but not malicious - can we have a group hug and move on..?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 18:03:19 PM »
Bernie we are in Calis right at the back, by farmers fields, it is a lovely area. If you have only been to the beach area, you should take a look around.  In fact, our address often comes up as Ciflik and we can pay bills there too. 
Much warmer than Ovacik would be better for you in the Winter.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 18:08:17 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf