Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 23928 times)

Offline academylin

• Newly Registered
Re: Help!!
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2017, 06:51:52 AM »
So anyway........

How are your husbands mosquito bites now

And FYI, eating marmite puts off the little critters too, mosquitoes that is, not members of the CBF ????

Offline Phil

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »
I once told someone that Marmite was supposed to keep them away.

Apparently it took them ages to wash it off.

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2017, 14:54:20 PM »
Just back from Calis and the Mozzies were an absolute nightmare. Worst I have witnessed.  Worker in our hotel said the council had not been round spraying recently.  My only tip is to avoid sitting near grass as that seemed to be the worst for getting bitten. Would not put us off from going back, but a couple of new families were really fed up.

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2017, 15:23:55 PM »
Just back from Calis and the Mozzies were an absolute nightmare. Worst I have witnessed.  Worker in our hotel said the council had not been round spraying recently.  My only tip is to avoid sitting near grass as that seemed to be the worst for getting bitten. Would not put us off from going back, but a couple of new families were really fed up.
Worst I've experienced this year - usually a couple of blighters but this year was eaten alive  :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »
This year i got bit less than any other year. I did use 'off' every night except one night i forgot my feet, so got one or two bites. I sat outside every night with my son who got bit a few times, after saying he never gets bitten....never say never   ;)

Offline swindsor

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2017, 09:06:12 AM »
This year and last year are the only years I haven't been bit and that's because I've been using Jungle Formula Maximum Spray or Gel.  I spray it on after I've put my sunscreen on in the morning and I also put it on again after my shower in the evening.  We've sat out every evening and I've not had one bite.     I have also been known to spray under the table when we are eating out - just to be extra careful!   We did see the lorry coming around spraying the hedges in Koca Calis most evenings so maybe that helped.

After a bite, I would suggest toothpaste or the warm teaspoon trick. 

Offline sadler

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »
Dare not go into my en suite this morning! Counted 8 mozzies on the ceiling. Husband at the shops now sourcing mozzie spray. Are we in Turkey? No, on the East Anglian coast with the sea just a few hundred meters from our front door.  Never seen it as bad as this before.  >:( :(

Offline marina

« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14:37 AM »
Sounds a lovely place to live sadler, but that's a lot of mozzies in one place over here. Pleased to report none seen here in the wilds of West Yorkshire! They'd come for me for sure.
Think I'd better get stocked up with everything before our trip to Calis in October if they are worse than usual this year! :o

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
Dare not go into my en suite this morning! Counted 8 mozzies on the ceiling. Husband at the shops now sourcing mozzie spray. Are we in Turkey? No, on the East Anglian coast with the sea just a few hundred meters from our front door.  Never seen it as bad as this before.  >:( :(

Are you sure they are mozzies? Lots of flies I fish with have the same appearance. Trout love 'em  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »
Well they certainly had a good nibble of me during the night!  >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf