Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 23775 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Help!!
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2017, 01:21:27 AM »
I got a really bad bite the other day the area around it was quite swollen and i could feel the swelling though my trousers, did the hot spoon thing and it defo worked...anyway I have one of the electronic bat thingys and decided to have a close look at the ones I had zapped on there with a magnifying glass ( sad I know) one of them was absolutely massive compared to the others, I am wondering if the bigger they are the worse the bite?

Offline davybill

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2017, 07:48:35 AM »
Its according to how many teeth they have?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2017, 18:33:13 PM »
Mosquitos don't have teeth. Although we call them “bites," a female mosquito really doesn't bite you to get at your blood. A female, it's only the females that "bite", punctures your skin with her proboscis and injects saliva into a blood vessel. The saliva prevents your blood from clotting. She then sucks the blood.

Offline sadler

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2017, 18:39:50 PM »
Thankyou KKOB for that very graphic description. Forgive me if I sound ungrareful but, my dinner is on the table and now, suddenly, my appetite has vanished.  :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2017, 18:45:58 PM »
Sometimes, just sometimes, I like to provide sensible, albeit graphic, information for the delectation of the members.  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2017, 18:51:31 PM »
You are such an asset in times of scarcity!   ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2017, 19:08:09 PM »
Mosquitos don't have teeth. Although we call them “bites," a female mosquito really doesn't bite you to get at your blood. A female, it's only the females that "bite", punctures your skin with her proboscis and injects saliva into a blood vessel. The saliva prevents your blood from clotting. She then sucks the blood.
And if the saliva is carrying some infectious disease with it then you get a lot more than just a nasty "bite" - though hopefully not malaria or West Nile fever.

Offline sadler

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2017, 19:16:59 PM »
Do you know what? I am just so happy that I logged in tonight. I am sure I will sleep soundly knowing so much more about the nasty habits of mosquitoes.   :)  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2017, 19:28:18 PM »
Next week................. Fun with Scorpions !   ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2017, 19:40:57 PM »
Can't wait. Do you know, it is like snuggling down with my comfort blanket, knowing I have KKOB and Colwyn offering their tiny teeny bits of knowledge to keep us all snuggly and huggly whilst those nasty beasties are waiting to pounce and gobble us all up. The stuff fairy tales are made of! (Please don't take offence, I am joking, honest!)  ;D :D  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf