Author Topic: registering family  (Read 5723 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: registering family
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 12:26:07 PM »
Why don't you go to the Jandarma station and ask them to clarify the situation ?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 13:46:06 PM »
Why don't you go to the Jandarma station and ask them to clarify the situation ?

Because the chances are we won’t be understood.

I’ll just complete it and let them have it back. No big deal. I just wondered if anyone had completed the same form recently.

Offline davidhutson

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 20:59:48 PM »
this isn t going to make anything any clearer, i realise that, but to  confirm IanK ,'s comment, i enquired with our management company when my sister was thinking of coming over while i would be there, they said as long as the tapu owner was in residence there was no need for any guests to register, family or not !

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 22:26:53 PM »
this isn t going to make anything any clearer, i realise that, but to  confirm IanK ,'s comment, i enquired with our management company when my sister was thinking of coming over while i would be there, they said as long as the tapu owner was in residence there was no need for any guests to register, family or not !

Pretty much my point. I own the house, we do not rent it out. So why should I have to complete a form at all?

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 23:05:11 PM »
We have to abide by the laws of any country we visit but honestly, this is a step too far.  When you purchase your visa, they know all your details. Hotels have to fax details of guests arriving etc.  Surely if you own a property and pay your bills and taxes, that should be it.  Apparently keeping tabs on possible terrorists is part of the control but it is ridiculous for people who own their properties.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 01:47:56 AM »
Ok - we are not registered with the police as we part own our property. Four of us own 25% each. Nobody else stays unless we are here.

We are here at the moment and have been told we need to complete this form so that the authorities know where we are staying. We are to complete it and hand it back to our sitesi management.

I guess it’s the equivalent of checking in at a hotel but it’s the first time we have ever been asked in 15 years.

Personally, I would chuck it in the bin - although I do appreciate that it's easy for me to say that  :)

As far as I'm aware, and I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, under current legislation you are not obliged to inform anyone (as in Polis or Jandarma)  that, as a property owner, you are resident in your own property.  It could be argued that as it is still a state of emergency you should inform your muhtar, but that's a bit of a grey area - had this discussion with a lawyer friend a while back, and even he couldn't give a definitive answer!

Plus, it doesn't look like an official form to me. 

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
Thanks everyone. Completed it. It seems to have a date of arrival but not departure. Pretty pointless really.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 11:14:55 AM »
I’ve asked Inspector if he could clarify the current situation and he will once he is at his office with all the info, hopefully tomorrow.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 11:27:44 AM »
Looking at it again, I suspect that form may be for the muhtar.  Be interested to hear Inspectors take on it, he's usually bang on with this stuff.

JF

Offline judithbretton

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 11:39:04 AM »
ok thanks for your input as our property is in Gunlukbasi the Police station is just up the road we'll just walk up to check better safe than sorry will post the outcome after we've been on holiday thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf