Author Topic: Day out at Sovalye Adasi  (Read 1612 times)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
Day out at Sovalye Adasi
« on: June 11, 2018, 05:26:30 AM »
Apologies if this is in the wrong section but here's a brief breakdown of our day yesterday.

Since living here in Calis we have wanted to visit Sovalye island which is the peice of land just off Calis beach.

We cycled to Hamsi bar were we left our push bikes & met up with our family & freinds (total 6 adults ) who are over on holiday currently, not wanting to book the hotel were I believe you are picked up for free if you do so we caught the ferry/water taxi over, signs on board showed price would be 15TL, after a short journey the boat stopped & the 2 other passengers got off, we stayed on & got off at the next drop off point /pier & I said we would pay on the way back.

The ferry man told us to walk straight up then left so we did & after a 10min walk though the bushes /trees along a broken rubble path we found ourselves on the other side of the island were some workmen were starting to get a new restaurant (looks like it will be great when open which one of the workmen said one week ) area ready,  nothing was open & no refreshments were available but we plonked ourselves down on a deserted (private to us) beach & sat/slept quite happily on the sunbeds with umbrellas free of charge with just the odd boat going past & zebra butterfly

to spoil the peace and quiet,  after 3 hours everyone decided we needed liquid refreshments so walked back to where we landed without first taking in the views from on top of the island

I don't think my pictures do it justice and these were taken inches away from a sheer drop into the sea/cliff edge of about 100ft, When we got back to the area we arrived we sat around in a pleasant garden area with only chickens for company & what we thought was the bar area, he quickly got some more chairs to go with the hammocks & garden swing that were around

for us to sit on, we then asked for drinks (no signs for prices etc which will become clear shortly) & ordered a large bottle of water & 6 beers, water & 6 cans of efes malt duely arrived & as we were relaxing enjoying the view a large cruiser type boat arrived & a smaller boat came out the back thunderbird style,  a single passenger was taken on the smaller boat to where we were, a man in his early 60's I would say came over to us & introduced himself as we were drinking at his house & the cruiser was his neighbour's,  not the restaurant we thought we were drinking at, after some pleasantries & telling us that he uses his house as a b&b (£550 week if you fancy it) he came back with some unlabeled wine which he said he makes himself,  after most of us had tasted (large measures) it We decided to pay for the drinks & asked him to call the water taxi & after 10mins it duely arrived , we said our goodbyes and left,  there we 2 people already on the water taxi who got off were we should of originally ada restaurant.

We then arrived back at Calis & paid 80TL (10 each) for the boat ride, & that was our day on the island, I hope I didn't bore anyone too much.

Offline davybill

Re: Day out at Sovalye Adasi
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 09:04:01 AM »
We usualy get a boat trip there out of season, have breakfast on the boat then walk
around the Island, lovely views ,and peaceful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf