Author Topic: Sat restaurant  (Read 11431 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Sat restaurant
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 06:55:36 AM »
Cant believe this, Derek has been going down for a real early morning swim every day while the sea is still lovely and calm,  this morning he decided to swim in the sea by the Sat the very extreme bit as you get there it was 6.45 am and a guy from Sat came on to the beach and basically told him he could not swim there. It was 6.45 they werent even open, 100% we are never going to go to Sat again, talk about grabbers! Its made me really p@@@@d off I appreciate things are hard here for some folk but things like this do not endear us one bit to give them our business!  :o

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 19:32:41 PM »
We gave them the bums rush years ago. Expensive and not the best service.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 21:31:15 PM »
Or food.

Must be 10+  years since I have been there and won’t be concerned if it is another 10.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 23:18:21 PM »
They are soooooo out of touch there.  Overpriced, under achieving, and up their own 4rses. No wonder its always deserted. Such a waste

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 01:03:14 AM »
Yes nail on head Toky -when they opened it was to be a cut above the rice chips and salad restaurants but now with Carikli, Mancero etc they are miles behind.

We normally visit Calis for 10 days in October and there are way too many favourite restaurants to try and cram in, all way higher in the list than the pretentious but serially underachieving Sat Restaurant.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 07:16:47 AM »
Jolly well said Toky it is such a waste but hey ho their loss as Keith says so much more choice here now, I was sooo cross yesterday Derek came back and told me this what do they do sit up all night and keep watch in case someone dares to swim in the sea near them!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 09:25:21 AM »
Are they legally entitled to stop people swimmiing in the sea

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 16:02:42 PM »
Jolly well said Toky it is such a waste but hey ho their loss as Keith says so much more choice here now, I was sooo cross yesterday Derek came back and told me this what do they do sit up all night and keep watch in case someone dares to swim in the sea near them!

Not sure they own the sea. He should have told them to do one👍

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 18:22:07 PM »
I am not so sure I would've walked away without giving the idiot the ear bashing of his life
We've not been down there for years now and reading this thread hasn't changed my thoughts to give them another try.
Too many great places around now to bother even considering it

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 19:55:21 PM »
I dont know H re legally being able to stop people swimming in that bit of sea...the bloke was rather “aggy” and Derek simply couldnt be bothered to argue with him, its not what we came out here for...same thing happened to my neighbours in the same or very near location when they took their dog onto beach...lots of things this time of being here have just irritated us sooo much things we would have found quirky or funny years ago...the Sat being no 1 on our list! The animal situation is high on my list thats no 2 i think! Im seriously wondering if its time to go back to being a holiday maker /tourist here, soooo very glad we never did move over here full time like i wanted to when we first bought  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf