Author Topic: Restaruants in Kaya Village  (Read 13238 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Restaruants in Kaya Village
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:14:50 PM »
We were very lucky to be recommended the Levissi Wine House by a member of this forum, which we visited in September. What a beautiful setting, lovely food and excellent service.  We were also picked up from our accomodation and returned at the end of the night, which was great as there were 9 of us with children.  We have since heard that there is another restaurant in Kaya called the Istanbul, but are unable to find any information on this on the net. We have come across a little place called the Cin bal in Kaya, and wondered if anyone has any info on either of these restaurants.  Thanks[:o)]

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 13:42:04 PM »
The Istanbul is almost immediately opposite the entrance to the lower church. Its got a lovely open upstairs seating area, and Engin is very much the host with the most, and if theres lots of people will turn it into a party atmosphere and get people dancing.(evenings)
If you go in the daytime take swimming stuff as you will be able to use the pool.
Same next door at Muzzys Place, you can use the pool even if you only stop for a drink.
Cin Bal is very good, theres a good website telling about it's origins, Kebap Evi is similar with you being able to cook at your own barbeque, its a great experience, although a bit scary as everyone else is mostly Turkish and know what to order and what to do and us Brits stand out as a bit vague!
Also, if you go further down the village and turn right at the 'clocktower' keep walking, past Kayapark and ahead there is a small garden restaurant on a corner, can't remember what it was called, but fantastic food, and excellent value, and the pop up tooth pick dispensers keep the kids amused for hours ( I searched for weeks to find one on the net for my son afterwards!)
Anywhere in Kaya is fantastic, enjoy.

Offline Dido

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 13:43:14 PM »
We ate at the Istanbul on our last visit in October and it was really good. The family were lovely, really attentive and helpful with info about the village. I understand that they too will offer rides back at night wherever feasible.
The pool was gorgeous and when we were there a family of 3 generations arrived to 'rest' and for the lad to go into the pool - Nan, mum and a boy of about 11/12 - a great little swimmer. I wondered KKOB if it was your family but was too shy to ask!
A super spot!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 13:47:16 PM by Dido »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 19:09:42 PM »
Dido,

No, it wasn't me, but the Istanbul is the only restaurant that we regularly use in Kayakoyu. You'll see some changes after May as Engin is going to re-locate the toilets and build a shop in their place.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 19:28:50 PM »
Hi is the cin-bal in kaya a  BBQ  place where you cook your own
food and has tables outside under the grape vines plus big restaurant
if it is how do you get there could not find it last time bootiful lamb in there .
                       Lance ;)

Offline heva

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 19:39:13 PM »
Lance i think you mean the Hilmi Et Balik Restaurant, i visited there in October and it was cook your own food and yes the lamb was absolutely to die for, my mouth waters thinking about it now! Not sure how to get to it as i was taken by a friend and it was dark. Correct me if i'm wrong about the name  :)
Heather xx

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 20:33:14 PM »
I am so grateful for these hints and tips.  I love the sound of this place where you cook your own food.  Am really looking forward to going back in May.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 06:57:38 AM »
Lance,

Yes, it is the Cin Bal. As you approach the village form Hisaronu it is sign-posted to your right. If you miss the first turning, continue for another 100 metres or so and there is a second turning.

Oba Kebab is further along on the right-hand side.

Offline gt

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 19:05:16 PM »
sorry sue but dont you go on holiday to get away from cooking ,i know i do

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 21:35:57 PM »
GT, did I say   I   would be doing the cooking???!!!........

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf