Author Topic: Telephone lines  (Read 4371 times)

Offline cenk

Telephone lines
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 18:59:13 PM »
That means he or she must be a really good and old friend

Offline smatsmax

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 00:29:36 AM »
Thanks for that

Anyone know about internet cafes and laptops?

Offline Inspector

Telephone lines
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 12:12:41 PM »
Hi all
These are the ADSL intenet connection prices for Turkey.
ADSL means you are online for one month and you pay fixed price for the connection speed (you chose down and signed the contract).You dont pay per hour as you paid for dail up connections. Your phone isnt busy when you are online. Its available for the numbers begining with 614...... and 612... that means not available for Calis:(. But Telecom Company officers told me that it will be available in summer.
For more information you can wisit http://telekom.gov.tr/webtech/eng_default.asp?sayfa_id=70

SPEED (Kbps)    PRICE  
128           49.000.000            
256           69.000.000        
512          109.000.000        
1024         249.000.000      
2048         465.000.000        

INSPECTOR

Offline Inspector

Telephone lines
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 12:37:12 PM »
Hi Smatsmax
You yan make internet connection from any phone wia laptop. If you have subscribtion from ttnet company (the cheapest one)you will dail 145 and write the username and password. Or  you can call 146  password, username and subscription is not needed.
You can request internet cafe ovners to use your own laptop.I think they will accept it.

Offline smatsmax

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 14:22:30 PM »
Thanks people
Internet access is so important to me, i will wait for adsl, before i make a move there. But the dial up will have to do for extended holidays...

I dont suppose there is anything i can set up before i leave the uk?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Telephone lines
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 15:39:48 PM »
As long as you have telegraph poles nearby no trouble, otherwise that is when the fun begins....
all you need to do is take passport and res visa to turktel office sign contract. wait for 2 little Turkish men to come, scratch their heads walk around muttering (presumably about the weather) after 15 mins they then decide to get the ladder (of sorts!!!) splice into the cable on telegraph pole eventually find the correct wires.. and hey presto you have a telephone line...
then go back to the office order ADSL go to fethiye purchase ADSL modem (ensuring that you have the passwords etc for the modem for ADSL) then 2 days later on line permanently...
billed everymonth for 49ytl plus telephone rental and calls 11ytl
(+calls) and arrange with the bank to pay automatically...
and yes ADSL is in Calis...our number starts with 613
No extra charges for connection. Just a box of chocs for the lovely lady in Turktel office for her help and understanding!!!

We purchased our telephones from a shop in fethiye at 20ytl. we have 2 one in our bedroom and one in the lounge.  we could buy more for the other 2 beds but do not really want to encourage our guest to use the telephone!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 15:44:20 PM by loz »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf