Author Topic: Thinking of buying property in Calis  (Read 4240 times)

Offline marikachocolake

Thinking of buying property in Calis
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:52:10 AM »
Hi everyone !

My name is Marika. I've just returned to the UK from a holiday to Calis which I luved ! Luckily the weather at home was nice and hot so my return wasn't too bad.

I am seriously considering buying a property in Calis as a holiday home / investment opportunity with a view to renting it out over the summer months.Has anybody out there done the same ? I would welcome your advice on the pro's and cons of embarking on this.

I hope to return to Calis again very soon.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 11:56:11 AM »
Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum.  Have a look in the search engine... there is a lot of info for you about these subjects which will help you. :)

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 12:05:50 PM »
have fun

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 12:09:43 PM »
Sorry Marika I wrote text then it disappeared. My name is Heather and my hubby is Nigel welcome to the site its full of facts and other info just brows through and ask questions We have just got back from our new home in Calis and i cannot wait to return. I wont be renting it out though
Byeeee
Heather

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 20:58:08 PM »
Hi Marika, welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Calis. You should be able to find all the info you want here by using 'search' or just asking questions.
Pete

Offline cute_boy

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 21:34:21 PM »
hello marika, i do work as real estate consultant in calis if you want you can contact with  me and would help you

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 23:36:41 PM »
Or better still, ask those who have purchased for recommendations of estate agents

Steve

Offline tel

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 21:19:08 PM »
Hello Marika,
Welcome to the forum
Tel

Offline Orange

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 10:23:37 AM »
Hello Marika - welcome to the forum, lots of information on here, if you cant find what your looking for - ask someone will know the answer!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 13:17:30 PM »
Marika,

Welcome to the forum - enjoy reading the posts.

I would be very careful who you let know that you are looking to buy a property - especially when you are out in Turkey actually looking. You will find that everyone (and I mean EVERYONE)has a "friend" or "brother" who has a house for sale or is an estate agent.

That may seem like a negative statement but don't let it put you off - there are some really excellent agents in Calis and Fethiye and if you do your homework you will find life much easier.

Forums like this are a godsend to prospective purchasers - I wish this one had been here before we bought. It would have saved me a lot of "legwork" trying to find a reputable agent.

One of the best things you can do before you go over to look is to ask if anyone has had any dealings with the agents you eventually choose. You will invariably get the answers you require to put your mind at rest.

As for renting - yes lots of us do rent out our properties but one thing seems to stand out and that is - do not expect to make mega bucks and certainly do not expect it to cover the cost of borrowing lots of money if you need to do that in order to buy the house. It's not as long a season as you might think - May to Oct is about the norm for rentals - so only 6 months in reality.

Just ask if you need any more info or send me an email if you want any info on how we go about renting our place and what the on going costs are.

Stoop

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf