Author Topic: Thinking of buying property in Calis  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Thinking of buying property in Calis
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 14:39:53 PM »
Marika
Hi and welcome. I found this forum so useful when we were buying our place- theres a wealth of info from estate agents reputations to where to buy shower curtains!
Stoop is spot on when he talks about everyone having a friend or brother- in fact once folk knew we were looking it got silly! Forunately in our case it was someones cousin who found our place for us and he was also an estate agent - the process was frighteningly simple and we've never looked back but you do hear horror stories so take care. Most of all though enjoy it!

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 21:42:11 PM »
Hi Marika and welcome.  I wish we'd found this site before we bought.  In fact, we wanted to buy 18 years ago but couldn't at that time but we have bought an apartment last year.  It's fairly straightforward, but as for renting out your property, in theory yes, it's a great idea, but you can't don't buy anything if you're going to rely on the income you may or may not acheive.  Good luck.  Elsa

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 22:27:49 PM »
welcome to the forum,and read as much as you can on here it is very helpful

Offline chrismark

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 10:08:03 AM »
Hi There Stoop

Could you give me your recommendations on Estate Agents or is this not ethical??

Thanks Chris

quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Marika,

Welcome to the forum - enjoy reading the posts.

I would be very careful who you let know that you are looking to buy a property - especially when you are out in Turkey actually looking. You will find that everyone (and I mean EVERYONE)has a "friend" or "brother" who has a house for sale or is an estate agent.

That may seem like a negative statement but don't let it put you off - there are some really excellent agents in Calis and Fethiye and if you do your homework you will find life much easier.

Forums like this are a godsend to prospective purchasers - I wish this one had been here before we bought. It would have saved me a lot of "legwork" trying to find a reputable agent.

One of the best things you can do before you go over to look is to ask if anyone has had any dealings with the agents you eventually choose. You will invariably get the answers you require to put your mind at rest.

As for renting - yes lots of us do rent out our properties but one thing seems to stand out and that is - do not expect to make mega bucks and certainly do not expect it to cover the cost of borrowing lots of money if you need to do that in order to buy the house. It's not as long a season as you might think - May to Oct is about the norm for rentals - so only 6 months in reality.

Just ask if you need any more info or send me an email if you want any info on how we go about renting our place and what the on going costs are.

Stoop

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »
Chris
There's loads of recommendations on here, use the search facility and go from there.
Good luck
Anne

Offline thomatas

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 12:01:30 PM »
try: (deleted - not allowed to recommend your own company)

Stoop
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 16:08:37 PM by stoop »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 13:43:11 PM »
Chris,

As a moderator who knows lots of agents and people in Calis I do not think I should really advise which agents to use - it might be misinterpreted and I might get accused of earnig commission or something.

We bought through an agency in Fethiye in 2003 called Hallmark. They were OK and did their job very well. I'm not sure if they are still going though as the office had gone last time I went to visit them.

As Anne says there are lots of recommendations on here. If it was me looking now I would choose 2 or 3 after researching them and see what you think. I would also name the ones you intend to use and ask members to email you with any info they have on them.

I know it's difficult to choose when there are so many out there but hopefully, if you do the asking, you will find the best ones.

Stoop

ps - you can see that the likes of "cuteboy" are just hovering, waiting for someone to show their intention to buy. I don't know him from Adam but I would tread carefully with that type of "consultant" - they tend to appear from nowhere when they smell a sale. I also wonder whatever happened to Marika?? Was she a plant from the Inland Revenue - looking for those that are renting and not declaring tax?? One post and then nothing! I wonder.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 13:45:39 PM by stoop »

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 08:12:22 AM »
cuteboy works for hannel in the after sales bit in calis he is harmless

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 09:10:10 AM »
Clair,

He may be harmless but he has an interest in selling homes in Turkey and his second post on the forum was to offer help as a "proprty consultant". If we allowed every business to advertise themselves without any control the forum would become a nightmare.

Cuteboy - if you read this I meant you no harm. I was merely pointing out that once someone mentions buying a property on the forum that it does not take long for the "property consultants" to offer their help.

Stoop

Offline Deleted Spammer

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 21:37:10 PM »
Hi every one really its a good idea. Using this rent of your home you can manage your study fees something. If time runs out and you've got to get out of Dodge without selling your home, consider renting it. Just be sure to strike a deal with the renters so your home will be available for showing. For example, if a home such as yours normally rents for $1,000 a month, offer a discount (say $750) in exchange for the renters making the house accessible for showings to potential buyers.

The downside of renting a house that you're trying to sell is that its condition probably won't be as pristine as you or buyers would like. One way around this problem, says Innes, is to rent with an option to buy. "Let people move in six months and pay rent and then close,".

WEBSITE DELETED

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf