Author Topic: Jill Erdogan  (Read 5779 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Jill Erdogan
« on: May 20, 2017, 14:48:23 PM »
I am very surprised than no one from FIG has-been on to announce that Jill has died.. She was after all one of the original founders of FIG and helped raise a fabulous amount for them.. She was the Chairwoman at one time.. RIP Jill.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Jill Erdogan
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 15:20:37 PM »
I think we met her once when we donate some garden furniture.   That's a shame, she seemed very caring about the Charity.  R.I.P.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 15:44:05 PM »

RIP to a very caring lady, sad news.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 16:49:31 PM »
I,  like you , Ann, have been waiting for someone from FIG to make an announcement on here.

For those who don't know her, Jill used to be treasurer of FIG for a number of years and she then took on the role of Chairman. During this time she worked very hard for the charity and helped to improve the lives of  many local disadvantaged youngsters.

Over the years Peter and I had many dealings with Jill during our time as Chairman and Secretary of the 3C's children's charity. We  had every admiration for her dedication and determination in helping. the children. She was a very caring lady and passionate about her charity. We are both really saddened and shocked to hear of her passing.

We understand that she passed away early on Thursday morning after a short illness and was buried, as is Turkish tradition, later the same day.

Our thoughts go out to her family at this sad time. RIP Jill, we are honoured to have known you x
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 16:59:25 PM by Pi55y »

Offline busybee

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:25:49 AM »
RIP Jill, you have left your mark on the Fethiye area.  Many children have been enriched by what you and Fig have achieved.  You were a dedicated and passionate lady who will be sadly missed by the community.

Offline davybill

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 08:37:30 AM »
Yes worked  hard to keep FIG going and helped a lot of children and familys
R.I.P Jill.

Offline SHEILA P

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 09:49:34 AM »
Unfortunately it happend so quickly there was no time to go on and notify people

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16:02 AM »
Is there time now to perhaps say a few words...

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »
Sorry to hear that Jill Erdogan has passed away.Condolences to her family at losing her.Jill and Grace Carter who passed away last year worked so hard to help people in the area.Good to see that the work is still going on and new people do so much to carry on with what they helped start.

Offline TerryH

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 17:01:28 PM »
As a former chairman of FIG, having returned to the UK in 2015 for personal reasons, I was shocked and deeply saddened to read of Jill's untimely passing on this forum.

I feel compelled to pay a small tribute to Jill who provided so much support to myself and the whole of the FIG Committee during my tenure in office.

Jill was one of the very early members of FIG and helped establish what was then one of the first charities in Fethiye as long ago as January 2004.

From the very beginning Jill worked tirelessly to help establish Fethiye International Group as an organisation which could provide very real and meaningful help to children in and around the area whose needs were not being met by other means.

During the ensuing years these needs have been many and varied, ranging from educational to healthcare, student bursaries and even family respite when the need arose.

Throughout this entire period it seems the one constant has been Jill Erdogan. There has been no role within FIG that she wasn't prepared to undertake and on occasions, when volunteers were perhaps less than numerous, she seemed able to morph into several entities and take on a variety of posts simultaneously.

I know that some people may have cosidered this particular trait of Jill's to border on interference, but I can assure everyone that it was born only out of a burning desire to ensure the children (and their families) who needed the help of FIG were able to get it.

For myself I can only thank her for the help which she provided to me whilst I was chairman. Her knowledge of what was needed to be done in and around the area and more importantly how this could be achieved was invaluable.

With Jill's passing the the expat community will be deprived of an individual who always seemed able to put the needs of others before those of herself.

There is, I am sure, a generation of local children who although they may not have known her directly will be grateful for the help she has enabled to be provided to them, their schools and their families.

Thank you Jill and may you Rest In Peace.

Terry Harrop

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf