Author Topic: 3 C's Car Boot Sale  (Read 12045 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: 3 C's Car Boot Sale
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 19:55:26 PM »
Sorry Scunner. H. etc.. I just couldn't let it go this time..

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 20:48:48 PM »
You certainly didn't miss and hit the wall...

:)

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 21:24:04 PM »
We did a lot of things, nice to read someone who hasn't got a short memory.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 21:31:26 PM »
Well said Anne yesterday i was prepared to live and let live after receiving an apology, however from the start why did the word " malicious" ever have to have been used, how about mis communication ( if such a word exists) and I cant believe someone would stoop soo low as to practically say Liz has took down posters advertising a poxy car boot sale, beggars believe to be honest after all the years and hard work Liz has devoted to the charity...kids having a laugh springs to my mind re removing posters, rather like for fun when they wee in the mud baths overnight before unsuspecting tourists happily smother themselves in said mud the next day...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 21:47:13 PM »
I think that's how many of us feel Karen - it's like Liz has hung up her boots after years of physically draining work and those replacing her need to discredit her. I know Liz and it will never succeed. THe 'malicious' bit annoyed me, but what really p1553d me off was this later comment

All I am saying is it looks like someone tried to Jeopardise the event because apart from the post (which in some peoples opinion was a misunderstanding, fair comment)

The 'malicious' remark is removed, and someone (Liz) is accused of trying to jeopardise the event. Quick jump to suggesting that 'a misunderstanding' is fair comment

Something like 'a misunderstanding that could have jeopardised the event' would be fine but it doesn't say that. The accusation of trying to jeopardise the event remains - i.e. the implication that this was done deliberately, to harm the charity.

My feeling is that if the legacy of Liz's time irritates, try and build a bigger one. Don't try and discredit what went before. Having lived in Calis, I know a bit about this sort of mentality.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 23:15:50 PM »
Pete and I have just flown into Turkey tonight and cannot believe these ridiculous accusations aimed at Liz, one of the most hard working former members of the 3Cs committee.
We have no idea who you are Chris kayak or where you came from but assume you are a new member of the 3Cs committee. For your information Pete and I started  the 3Cs charity and acted as Chairman and secretary of the charity  for 8 years both in its previous role as Calis Carnival Committee and latterly the 3Cs. Liz has been the treasurer of the  charity for many years and one of the most dedicated members of the committee for whom we hold much respect.
CBF and all its members have also been the most supportive  forum for all this time,  long before  FB became  the platform that it is and you would be very unwise to lose this channel and the support of its members.
We can only think that you are new to the charity.and so have no idea of its history and we suggest that you read through some of the previous annual reports which give history of the charity and it's very close link to CBF and  joint projects undertaken, particularly the Bozalan project. We also suggest that you pay particular attention to Liz's meticulous annual accounts which always took her many weeks to compile. During her time Liz spent most of her waking hours tirelessly working for the  charity and would be the last one to wish it harm. Although we have tried to keep a low profile since we retired from office 2 years ago, if you wish to discuss this matter further and to learn how the charity developed,  the philosphy behind it and the reasons why things are done in such a way we are quite happy to meet with you at any time for the good of the charity.
Regarding the matter of missing posters we have always known from day 1 that the Turkish people remove the posters themselves so that they know when the car boot sales are.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 23:54:06 PM »
Piggy

Thank you for your post.

I believe that it sums up concisely what many people were thinking.

That having been said I will post what I have been compiling and which I think echo your sentiments.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 23:55:29 PM »
My thoughts are as follows and are in no particular order (before pi55y).

The present committee and workers are giving up their time trying to help local impoverished and underprivileged children. That is to be admired.

However, I do believe that in this instance they have clearly made an error. That’s OK – we all make mistakes. But if they recognise that as being the case, then I do believe that they need to acknowledge that and apologise to Liz.

The 3C’s was set up many yeas ago (2007 ?). Those involved in the creation of the charity and it’s development t over the intervening years would be the very first to admit that they made mistakes along the way.

But they learned from those mistakes and their experience in running a charity in Turkey must be invaluable. So I would respectfully suggest that if advice is offered then it is at least considered.

Finally, we all have the same goal in this matter – to try and help the kids. So let us extend the hand of friendship to each other put whatever has happened over the last few days behind us and get on with helping the kids

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 07:23:47 AM »
Well said H. Always the peacemaker    :)    :)   :)
Ours was a very garbled response, tired after hours of travelling.

You are right, we all make mistakes and that is how we all learn to make things better. In this case Chris has gone about things the wrong way, we suspect through lack of knowledge and  diplomacy. Hopefully we trust that he has now learnt through his mistake  and that the charity will benefit and grow stronger as a result, particularly as he is now aware of the importance of this forum and keeping it's members informed of the charity's activities .

But we do feel that a public apology should be made to Liz before a line can be drawn under this matter.

The charity can then get on with what it was formed to do, helping to improve the lives of disadvantaged children.

Offline madmart

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2017, 07:59:12 AM »
Having dealt with Liz over the years I feel I can categorically state that Liz would never ever do anything to harm the charity and a public apology from the new brooms should be one of their highest priorities at the moment.

I am one of those that does not do Facebook and if that is the only outlet for finding out what is going on I shall probably miss these events when I am over.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf