Author Topic: Jeep Safari  (Read 1144 times)

Offline hillg1968

Jeep Safari
« on: June 30, 2008, 19:23:06 PM »
Hi all,

Could someone please give me an idea as to what the Jeep Safari entails apart from the fact you go in a jeep on some sort of safari?

Information on where you go and prices would be appreciated along with whether you feel a 9 year old lad would enjoy it.

Thanks in advance

Gav

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Jeep Safari
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 19:34:24 PM »
Hi Gav
There was a booth on the main road just before you come to the metal bridge last year where you could book a jeep safari.
Never done one myself but by all accounts it's a great day out

Offline wingnut

Jeep Safari
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 19:42:42 PM »
Gav you go tlos ruins ,yakapark,Saklikent and all over the place on the big jeeps bookable facing Marias bar last year was 10 pound each including food take swimwear and be prepared to get wet your 9 year old will say its the best day out he has ever had take water pistols   cheers peter

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Jeep Safari
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 19:47:45 PM »
Be prepared to get wet and dirty. Good fun - I managed to fashion a complete wetsuit out of a carrier bag and came back looking quite respectable in comparison to the others. Avoid getting in the stinky swimming pool at the service sattion at the end of the day- I don't think it's been cleaned in many a year.

Offline martins

Jeep Safari
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 19:52:57 PM »
Hi
There are two variations but both take the same sort of route. There are the small jeeps which run as a convoy and the large about 15 20 people one.They head towards sakrakant gorge stopping on the way at a trout farm for refreshments.Its a very picturesque trip. AT Sakrakant you have a meal and time to walk around.ON the return you can travel downd the river in an inflated ring its the equivalant of rafting but individual and then go to a mudbath.
The variation in the large jeep is the water fights People come armed to the teeth with water pistols. on your travels up the mountains the locals spray you with hosepipes its great fun but boy do you get wet
great on a hot day
We have done both but for fun it has to be the large jeep.Its sometimes just parked past Maria's on the bridge road
Hope its a help and enjoy whicheverone you choose its great value

Offline hillg1968

Jeep Safari
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 20:04:16 PM »
Thanks very much for the quick responses and we are sold on the idea.
We will have to buy some super soakers for the trip.

Thanks again

Gav

Offline julesbob0303

Jeep Safari
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 21:02:55 PM »
We are going to surprise our son for his birthday in August with a jeep safari trip.  We have already bought lots of water pistols to take with us, including a giant one for Jamie - well, it is his birthday!!!

Oh, by the way, he will be 23!

Offline bikerchickblonde

Jeep Safari
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 22:56:52 PM »
Have heard that this year some jeep safaris are ending up at calis beach instead of patara beach which is a bit of a disapointment if you live or are holidaying in fethiye/calis area.  So do make sure of route before you book!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf