Author Topic: Confused about smoking in Turkey  (Read 11233 times)

Offline tiddly winks

Confused about smoking in Turkey
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2009, 22:51:36 PM »
It's cool Bluwise.

Lol, I don't smoke but when people make personal jibes it annoys me too!
But sadly, I'm gonna say I'm one of those health conscious people.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2009, 22:14:57 PM »
Nothing sad about that - each to his own as long as you don't ask me to come and run with you..... haven't run since the egg and spoon race. As for exercise generally, well I get mine using the handle on the recliner thanks!!
 :-\

Offline farmer

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2009, 08:07:43 AM »
Hi All.
Has there been am amnesty on the no-smoking ban?
My wife and I went out to a Bar Restaurant on Calis prom over the weekend, after the rain had stopped.
All the tables were inside the building proper.
The were ash trays on all the tables and we were told we could smoke if we wanted!
Yesterday we sat at the indoor bar of a large Hotel in Calis. There were ashtrays on all the tables, and even on the Bar!
Both establishments were fairly busy compared with most other Hotels / Prom Bars.
Cause and effect?
Farmer

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »
I was just wondering how this is being upheld now that the weather has cooled somewhat (has it cooled?  I'm guessing)
Are smokers still forced outside or are there several bars like those Farmer mentions, still being flexible?

Offline june

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2009, 17:21:51 PM »
When we were over at the beginning of October it was as if there had been no ban on smoking anyway, there were ashtrays inside and out and people were just pleasing themselves.....so I think we can safely assume that this has not been upheld or controlled at all!!....

Offline Christie

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
We were over in September / October - we noticed no difference - the smoking ban did not appear to be working as people were smoking inside and out.   One restaurant had 9 'No smoking' signs on the wall (inside under cover) but people seemed to totally ignore them. One lady was sitting directly opposite a sign and was smoking.  Perhaps people don't realise there is a ban on smoking inside ?? I would agree that the ban does not appear to be upheld or controlled.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf