Author Topic: Map of the area  (Read 3758 times)

Offline sean0801

Map of the area
« on: October 02, 2011, 19:51:01 PM »
Sorry folks, another daft question :-\

Can anyone point me in the direction of a map i can buy, either before i travel or when i get to Ovecik? Something which covers a few square miles including Fethiye. It will help me get my bearings so i can venture further afield than the hotel :)

Oh, dolmus routes would be a big bonus too ;)

Thanks, Sean and Malwina

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Map of the area
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 20:14:57 PM »
Why don't you just use GoogleEarth and then do a screenprint of the areas that you're interested in ?  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 20:15:23 PM by KKOB »

Offline sean0801

Map of the area
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 20:25:23 PM »
I had thought about that but to be honest i was hoping there was a ordinance survey type of pocket map or something similar. I've got a good one of Fuerteventura that's helped me out over the years, lots of local and geographical info good for walkers, that kind of thing. I've had a quick scoot around Amazon and it wasn't much help. A few for sale with 20 odd year old maps in them:D Maybe a tad out of date ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Map of the area
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 20:33:00 PM »
There hasn't been much change in road terms for quite a while so a Fethiye map a few years old would serve a purpose. They used to crop up on ebay too but I haven't seen one for ages.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Map of the area
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 20:33:10 PM »
There are straightforward street maps for sale in most petrol stations in the area but if you want OS quality maps your best bet is to get on the Russian Army Maps website. The Reds have surveyed most of the Western World in minute detail and have produced OS maps for most places including Fethiye and the rest of the Med and Aegean. Just be aware though that everything on the maps is in Russian.

http://omnimap.com/catalog/russia/index.htm

Offline sean0801

Map of the area
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 20:34:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

There are straightforward street maps for sale in most petrol stations in the area but if you want OS quality maps your best bet is to get on the Russian Army Maps website. The Reds have surveyed most of the Western World in minute detail and have produced OS maps for most places including Fethiye and the rest of the Med and Aegean. Just be aware though that everything on the maps is in Russian.

http://omnimap.com/catalog/russia/index.htm

Cheers mate, no problemo, Mrs sean is fluent in Russian :)

Offline sean0801

Map of the area
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 16:31:32 PM »
I found a pretty good one eventually on Amazon for just over a fiver, it's an AA guide and bum bag sized!

Offline superpp

Map of the area
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 19:39:46 PM »
for an online nosey, I love this site of the area:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=36.5684942&lon=29.141686&z=16&l=0&m=b

Offline ovacik2

Map of the area
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 19:56:24 PM »
Sean the TI office in Fethiye near where the Rhodes trips leave have a good freebe Map of a good sized area with all the must visit places. A new issue of the Mugla Guide book is due too a real see it all with detail,also from the TI.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Map of the area
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 07:45:25 AM »
Buses from Fethiye go down  the main road to Hisaronu turn at bottom of village and go down to Olu Denis.  They will have a notice in front to say which way they are going. So you are able to go to Hisaronu, Olu Denis and Fethiye from the main road in Ovacik.
In Fethiye stay on till end of route and there are dolmuses that will take you to other places.  Or you can just wander round Fethiye.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf