Author Topic: Tribal wives  (Read 6244 times)

Offline kentish maid

Tribal wives
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 21:47:14 PM »
We watched the programme and found it fascinating too.  Interesting review (generally very positive) in today's Metro which concludes with the paragraph "Can't wait for the sequel, in which Sedat pitches up in London and slaughters a goat on Charlie's doorstep as a sign of his love. She could do a lot worse."

Offline marina

Tribal wives
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »
Watched this last night on iPlayer.  Thought it was fascinating, so different to the Turkey we know in the resorts.  Would be interesting to find out what happens now, especially to the young family members.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tribal wives
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 09:26:47 AM »
Yes we watched it too on iPlayer. My Turkish isn't brilliant but when the old wife told her to sit, the subtitles wrote that she said "go and get wood" or something similar - that's not even close [:o]

Offline marina

Tribal wives
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:20 AM »
:D unfortunately my Turkish amounts to only a few words, but I did wonder if we were getting the full translation in all these conversations!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tribal wives
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »
I must admit, I liked the idea of having an old wife to do the cooking & cleaning and a young wife for the baby making.

Offline marina

Tribal wives
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I must admit, I liked the idea of having an old wife to do the cooking & cleaning and a young wife for the baby making.

:D  Yes, it seemed to take it out of him, sleeping and lying around all day sending the wives and kids out to do all the work!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tribal wives
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 10:43:27 AM »
I liked that part of it too :D

Offline marina

Tribal wives
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
Can't imagine why!   ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Tribal wives
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Yes we watched it too on iPlayer. My Turkish isn't brilliant but when the old wife told her to sit, the subtitles wrote that she said "go and get wood" or something similar - that's not even close [:o]

Yep I noticed it too.When Cennet said "Gel, gel, otur" ( Come, come, sit ) it was translated as "Go and fetch wood now"

Offline Linda1953

Tribal wives
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »
Didnt watch the video but religious wives are commonplace in the villages here. The young man that comes to the resorts to work probably already has a wife or secret wives back home. I remember the video the 2nd wife about 4 years back. About  bloke in Sanliurfa taking another wife much to the angst of the first wife. If you can live like that then good on you but it showed the human side of how upset and depressed the 1st wife was over it. Up here in Istanbul its common for married men to have mistresses and the wives have to accept it whether they like it or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf