Author Topic: Intasure, Safe and Securiy Bars don't Work !  (Read 7871 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Intasure, Safe and Securiy Bars don't Work !
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 12:23:12 PM »
Thanks Jen, got the email.

They really are up the creek without a paddle here. Halifax had tried to arrange some emergency money for them but they can't get it without picture ID !!! Luckily our management agent has stepped in and provided some cash. It's just the passport now I'm worried about as they are due to fly home on Friday.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:28:20 PM »
Really depressing reading George. I do hope they get sorted soon. If you have anything that you think I could help with, you know where I am.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »
So upset for you George and Chris.I can only suggest your friends contact their own holiday insurance company 24 hour emergency helpline. They will assist first and sort out the liability later. Love to Chris[:X][big hugs]

Offline busybee

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
I am just gob smacked at this posting, its just so awful for all concerned. With all the security measures you have put in place it seems unbelievable that they got in. You would have thought the amount of noise they made would have alerted neighbours.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
Thanks Keith, will give you a shout if we get stuck.

Sue, If you are over there at the momenmt, could you pop round later today and see if they are OK, they could realy do with a friendly face (so don't take Tony !!!) Bill & Jeanette are their names and they are a lovely couple. They are up at the police station at the moment and then will be back this evening. Problem is that they are now scared to go out !

I wonder how the robbers will get the safe open? and when I get a new safe, is it possible to have it bolted to the wall or a floor?

Thanks everyone for your help and advice, it's at times like this makes you realise what a valuable rescource we have here with our forum.

George

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by busybee

I am just gob smacked at this posting, its just so awful for all concerned. With all the security measures you have put in place it seems unbelievable that they got in. You would have thought the amount of noise they made would have alerted neighbours.

I know, we can't believe it either, the only thing I can think is that the house next door has been empty for a few years and our Turkish neighbour also has a house in Uzumulu and is probably up there. Haino lives opposite but I think he is cat hunting in Koycergiz at the moment.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 14:12:57 PM »
Sorry george, not out til next month. We have friends in our's at the moment, so Tony cant go scaring anybody. the amazing thing is ,if you wear your shoes round the pool they know about it in Istanbul!! chin -up.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 15:58:06 PM »
Your friends should go to the Honorary British Consulate in the Lykia Merkesi / Lycian Centre in Fethiye first thing on Monday morning. Provided that they can prove that they've reported the losses to the Polis and have "Crime Numbers" etc the HBC will be able to issue them with an Emergency Travel Document that will cover them for a one-off journey between Turkey and the UK.

Their first port of call before going to the HBC should be a photographers where they should each get a set of passport photos for use on their new temporary paperwork.

(This is a fine example of good reasons to have several photocopies of important documents and emergency phone numbers stashed in a variety of places when travelling abroad).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 16:08:09 PM by KKOB »

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 16:18:19 PM »
Cheers Alan, I will advise them accordingly. Do you know if there is a passport photo machine in Fethiye?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 16:27:19 PM »
There are a couple of photographers opposite the main PTT in Fethiye who are both OK for getting photos to UK passport standards.

I'm not sure about a photo machine in Fethiye but there are certainly plenty of other photographers around the town.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 16:28:35 PM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf