Author Topic: Easyjet Refund  (Read 8910 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Easyjet Refund
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 17:09:12 PM »
Why don't Monarch have a similar policy? (or maybe they do, but I don't know about it??)

I contacted them via Twitter yesterday. 'I am here to help' was what she said.

Well I asked if they did the same as easy jet and got the box standard answer that their prices are very competitive and it tends to be cheaper the earlier you book. I laid it on thick saying that we use them all the time (true) and that we booked early not only to get cheaper flights but to support a country we love after all the turmoil. I mentioned they had gone down by almost £100.

The lovely Nichola asked for my booking details and within an hour I had received £100 credit to be used within 12 months. I can use it myself or book  flights for someone else.

I'm not saying everyone will get a refund - maybe I was lucky - but if you ask nicely in this world sometimes you get what you ask for  :)

Monarch have just gone up a notch in my estimation.

Offline alixandria

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 19:50:05 PM »
Well done Stoop and the others getting a refund. We booked with Monarch but like Bluwise our flights had also gone up.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »
Just used the voucher this morning to book flights for my son and his partner. Not bad prices even without it! £335 (£235 for me) for two from 23/06 to 01/06 from Leeds Bradford. Some good prices with them at the moment. I got one at about £240 for two on different dates around the same time. That's 10kg only though and no booked seats.

Looked at seating plans and not many booked seats yet. However you can book Mon through third parties and seats are allocated at the airport - so maybe not that accurate.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 15:24:52 PM »
Seems it's not company policy for Monarch to give refunds like mine. A friend just tried the same and had to run around the houses to get anything. Got 2/3rds of his loss in the end.

Offline bob 1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 21:28:32 PM »
we booked easyjet changed our minds on the date phoned easyjet no refund but the money remained for other flights in the year

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 16:08:14 PM »
Checked with easyJet prices for our June trip to Turkey today. I booked for 4 adults and 1 child with a total cost of £1730. Today the cost would have been £630 lower. That's more than a third off. BUT I shan't be claiming that today since the refund voucher only lasts six months and the easyJet flights for next summer don't get released until after that. So I need to wait until the end of April and see what the prices are then. That's too long to hold my breath. I'll just leave a note in my diary to try again in six weeks.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 16:24:54 PM »
Even THY have dropped their prices, again, as have Pegasus.  Worth a look if you're flying from LHR or LGW as they're in the region of £90 rtn for a lot of dates inc hold baggage, seat choice and a bit of scoff.

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 16:42:12 PM »
In contrast with Turkey flights our easyJet flights to Lisbon in September/October have risen by a third.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 16:58:49 PM »
Lisbon flights are rarely cheap.  Unfortunately :(

You should try Porto, EJ do it from Bristol.

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 17:03:00 PM »
Don't fancy the taxi ride from Porto to Estoril. Perhaps look at something up north for next year though. PM with suggestions would be welcome.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf