Author Topic: Monarch?.  (Read 15258 times)

Offline madmart

Re: Monarch?.
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »
The main point is that if you paid £150 each for a flight (I don't know what you paid but I only paid £120 for Gatwick to Dalaman in July).

I feel that it is unreasonable to expect to receive around £360 as compo. Do you earn £90 per hour at work?

The compo should be based on what you paid in the first place, with a percentage for the inconvenience, the absolute maximum I would expect to receive in my example would be £150 each. Anything over that would be just plain greedy.

I have worked it out on £120 for the flight and 4 hours at just above the minimum wage.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks is the "correct amount".  The amount is the rules.  I can't help but feel that is this rule wasn't in place, airlines simply wouldn't care and wouldn't try quite so hard to get the flight away on time.

Offline madmart

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 09:47:43 AM »
Just because it is 'the rules' does not mean it is right. The rules should be amended to reflect the amount paid in the first place. You are probably correct that the airlines would mess about but picking an arbitrary figure of €400 is absurd.

What about the person that has paid more than €400?

Using my earlier should they be out of pocket because I would be £200 up?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »
And this is normally on one leg of the flight being delayed - the other not being late. So you get 400 euros for half of what you paid for the flight. So 400 euros back on (say) £100 not £200. If they finally got you to your destination, why should they pay you 4x what you paid?

Again, would you deliver my turnips and accept a deal that if you are late you pay me 4x what I was going to pay you? It's ridiculous and it threatens jobs and competition.

Offline jamesuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »
Scunner and Madmark. Passengers did not make up this EU law. So stop blaming the innocent passengers. They did not cause the delays or fix the amount of compensation is payable. The EU did it.
Some interesting reading for you both.
[urlhttps://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/19/flight-delay-claims-compensation-airlines-passengers][/url]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »
All part of the something for nothing/blame and claim mentality these days. To hell with thousands of jobs.

The fact remains that when Monarch were at their darkest times, you were only concerned about your 400 Euro claim.

To me that sums up much of what is wrong with consumer law these days.

Offline madmart

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »
Scunner and Madmark. Passengers did not make up this EU law. So stop blaming the innocent passengers. They did not cause the delays or fix the amount of compensation is payable. The EU did it.
Some interesting reading for you both.
[urlhttps://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/19/flight-delay-claims-compensation-airlines-passengers][/url]

Where did I blame the passengers?

Also it is madmart.

Offline jamesuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2016, 13:12:07 PM »
The main point is that if you paid £150 each for a flight (I don't know what you paid but I only paid £120 for Gatwick to Dalaman in July).

I feel that it is unreasonable to expect to receive around £360 as compo. Do you earn £90 per hour at work?
sThe compo should be based on what you paid in the first place, with a percentage for the inconvenience, the absolute maximum I would expect to receive in my example would be £150 each. Anything over that would be just plain greedy.

I have worked it out on £120 for the flight and 4 hours at just above the minimum wage.
MadmarT    You really do talk a load of tosh.  :) What has  I or anyone paid for their flight got to do with it? Everyone knows that flight prices go up and down daily at an alarming rate most times. So you are saying that every single compensation claim should be based on flight prices. Who the hell would sort that mess out when we all pay different prices. As for it being based on the minimum hourly rate. What countries minimum hourly rate? Every single country has a different minimum hourly rate didn't you know that. As I say you are talking a load of tosh  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2016, 13:17:13 PM »
We had a two day delay in 2005..  Turned up at the Airport and there was no flight.  Flight was arranged for two days later.  Most of the flight passengers where put up in an Hotel in Dalaman.  We hired a car and went back to our place. 
We received nothing at this time.  However, seeing the 400 euros compensation given here.  I wonder what we would have received if compensation was in place at that time?

Offline madmart

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2016, 13:28:46 PM »

sThe compo should be based on what you paid in the first place, with a percentage for the inconvenience, the absolute maximum I would expect to receive in my example would be £150 each. Anything over that would be just plain greedy.

MadmarT    You really do talk a load of tosh.   :) What has  I or anyone paid for their flight got to do with it? Everyone knows that flight prices go up and down daily at an alarming rate most times. So you are saying that every single compensation claim should be based on flight prices. Who the hell would sort that mess out when we all pay different prices. As for it being based on the minimum hourly rate. What countries minimum hourly rate? Every single country has a different minimum hourly rate didn't you know that. As I say you are talking a load of tosh   :)

You really are losing the plot on this or are not very bright.

It will be down to the airline to sort out the price paid, if they are wrong I take you would still have the notification from your credit/debit cards issuer.

I used the  minimum hourly rate for the country that I am resident in and the flight originated. For the avoidance of doubt as it is too hard for you to understand that is the UK.

What you paid for the flight has everything to do with it, if you paid £400 for the flight you receive £400 plus a percentage for inconvenience, if you pay £100 you receive £100 plus a percentage for inconvenience. To be paid £90 per hour for what in reality is merely inconvenient seems excessive.

I would respectfully suggest that it is you clutching at straws rather than me talking tosh.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf