Author Topic: Cem Optik  (Read 3917 times)

Offline snowtop

Cem Optik
« on: December 12, 2014, 17:09:28 PM »
Last week the missus went to Cem Optik in Fethiye.
They took her round the corner to a optical doctor to get her eyes tested.
The optician had realy antiquated machinery and in my opinion was not very professional.  When we came out I asked the missus if she was happy to which  she replied, ''Not sure''.  after 3paces the guy from Cem Optik asked if we would go to the Esnaf as he was not very confident at all and didn't believe the Optician.
If he had not have suggested it I would have told him that is where we were going.
We went to-day to the Esnaf and with 90 min she had had her eye test and laser surgery on one eye and the other eye is going to be done on Monday.
She says her sight is vastly improved and does not need a magnifying glass.
The reason I am posting this is to congratulate Cem Optik for thinking about the customer before the money.
This may have cost them 50TL for their eye test and the cost of their glasses but are gaining heaps of praise from the wife and myself.
Any glasses required and they will have our custom.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Cem Optik
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 20:05:54 PM »
That's nice, but they have been using this same guy with his antiquated equipment and I thought impatient manner for their eye tests for years now.

Your wife probably had the best outcome for her this time which is great but the next person may not be so lucky. I reported dissatisfaction with this "optician" via Cem Optic a few years ago and ended up at the eye hospital which has since sadly closed.

I think the hospitals are the best place to start for eye tests then get your glasses where ever you want.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 20:27:38 PM »
I agree.  Maybe he sensed you were about to complain (as probably not the first judging by Nichola's post) so jumped in first?

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 07:17:27 AM »
Really dont understand why this practice is using an optician with out of date equipment.  If he has no faith in the procedure, he is a bit of a fraud prescribing glasses from the prescription he has been given. 

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 08:31:21 AM »
This I find quite strange, I had my 1st test with cem optic in 2010, my glasses were fine, varifocal and transitions my 2nd check up last year and this time no change necessary as my eyes hadn't changed a great deal. the equipment he used was no different to what they use in spec savers, vision express etc, and I thought it was  quite a good check up, no complaints at all, have talked to several people who use cem optic and they give them good reports too. maybe this is a new chap doing the tests, I don't know, will have to wait for more opinions  maybe.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
It isn't Cem Optik who do the tests, it is an independent optician who they pay 50TL for the test.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 14:14:04 PM »
Yes I think we know that snowtop, but he gives the results to cem  who then fit the lenses to his readings, now when the customer picks up his/hers Specs. if they are no good im sure they wont buy them. now we have to ask ourselves if people who have been to him for eye test don't buy them, why do they keep him.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 14:37:39 PM »
like the new profile mate. by the way found the 1 lira u dropped at café pazar today. will be in tomorrow. lol

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 15:23:06 PM »
Can anyone tell me how much the eye tests are at the hospital ?

Offline snowtop

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 20:13:10 PM »
With SGK 42TL, without SGK 70TL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf