Author Topic: A Sad Story  (Read 38008 times)

Offline Lorraine

Re: A Sad Story
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 13:03:22 PM »
It's not just the money you entrusted him with. He agreed to ensure your property had WiFi before guest came. He didn't do this despite you paying him, you and your guests were let down. Surely an honest person should have been totally honest from the start and not made promises they could not meet or take your money.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 13:18:21 PM »
Yes basic rules of business

1. Don't take money then not do the work

2. If you don't do the small stuff correctly, you lose the big stuff

That's how it works.

You are either feeling misguided blame or guilt, or you are being threatened. I wonder which.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 13:42:48 PM »
Sorry but it serves him right,,, I hope you actually got the money before you retracted this statement?  We would never pay for anything upfront in The UK never mind Turkey....You are being too soft with him Arty...

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 14:32:22 PM »
You told him what you would do, he had enough warning. He should have paid you...simple as. He lost more than a job, he lost his reputation.  That is HIS fault not yours arty. You get a good reputation by offering a good service, and doing what  you  say you will do. It's not enough that he did good stuff before.  What about  the inconvenience to You?  I think you are too forgiving Arty..please tell me this guy has paid you Now?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 17:16:46 PM »
Thats a lot of money for wifi .
I assume he was installing sky fibre net system?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 19:25:49 PM »
For me it would be too little too late.
Had you not named and shamed him on here I am quite sure you would not have seen a kurus of the monies owed.  You still may not receive your refund so why the change of heart?
It was his choice not to heed your warning that you would name him here telling of his conduct.  The fact that you now want to retract your post makes no difference.   
It is here for all to see and no matter how many good, decent jobs he did for you in the past this is the one which will stick in peoples mind.
The fault does not lie with you Arty but with him. 

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 22:36:15 PM »
Isnt this forum great, I get a text message tonight from Engin wanting to put things right for me, why the  ---- didnt he do it 2 months ago when i had no hot water, and was at my villa, after paying a dodgy plumber to install solar water that hasn't worked correctly from day 1 

Offline davybill

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 07:52:45 AM »
If he lost a big job, why didn't he have the money to pay you? Arty Ma.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »
Isnt this forum great, I get a text message tonight from Engin wanting to put things right for me,

So, are you going to take the opportunity that he's offered you ?

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 12:18:57 PM »
After having a bad experience with Emre and sun group I would never use them again sun group where doing our complex pool and ground maintainance so I asked them to quote for my apartment to be painted (internally) the job was to paint all walls, ceilings, doors and door frames it all came to 2000tl with exchange rate at the time it worked out quite cheap this work was all to be completed in the winter. When we arrived the following trip all the work was completed to be honest the walls and ceilings looked quite good but the door frames had been painted a cream colour with a patchy nicotine colour running through it we had originally told Emre to paint it white so gave him a call he came round took one look and said not a problem will sort it straight away we where only there a week so said do it while we are away. We came back a few months later still not done got him back out he was full of apologies and said he would do it a soon as his painters where available to be honest we where not pushing it that much as his company where still doing the site maintenance and he was coming round as soon as we called and he seemed quite genuine. Unfortunately we had to leave without it being completed. This time we left it with the person who deals with our apartment and said keep chasing and she did but to no avail so when we came back in the September (a year from the date he quoted ) I was on a bit of a mission to get the job done,  now I was there for 2 weeks I rang him every day for 10 days he always answered with I will be round in the morning and guess what he never did. I went in to his cafe but he was never in like I say this went on for 10 days so I got some one else to call saying they wanted work doing in there apartment he came straight round then but unfortunately for him I was sat there waiting to say he got the shock of his life was an understatement after I had vented my anger with a lot of expletives and told him where to go (by that time I knew he wasn't going to do the job) I got Ozgur to repaint the doors and frames. Also when it came to renewing the complex maintenance contract well let's just say Ozgur does a great job and will most likely have the contract for the next few years. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf