Author Topic: Holiday Let New Controls  (Read 92717 times)

Offline Roy Salmon

Holiday Let New Controls
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:56:08 AM »
I have had an apartment in Calis for over 10 years and over the past few years Olga has looked after
the property and holiday let through her Agency without any problem. She now tells me that a number of new changes being introduced in Turkey will create serious administrative difficulties for both of us. Can
anybody confirm what is being proposed and is there anything that can be done to help us.

Thanks for any constructive suggestions.

Roy Salmon

Offline dycedon

Re: Holiday Let New Controls
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:09:14 AM »
Roy
What I am led to believe is that if you have people stay in your Apt the police need to be informed on a daily basis, this includes friends and family. I may well be wrong on this but im sure I read it on one of the websites.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »
I posted this on a different topic some time ago:

If you rent out your villa or apartment on a long term lease or tenancy agreement you're unaffected at this time.

If you rent out a room or rooms then you are affected.

If you rent out your villa or apartment on short term holiday lets, i.e. for a week or two, then you are affected.

It would appear that you need to obtain ID from each renter and submit this to the Polis.  You also must inform the taxman but I don't know if this is meant to be every time you rent, or in your tax return - which of course you all do anyway     :)

The actual logistics of how this is done I suspect will vary from region to region.  This has been passed under the state of emergency laws and the fines (I have been told) are hefty if you don't comply.

I've had it confirmed to me that this new regulation covers ALL rentals made out with a regular tenancy agreement, i.e. those made through holiday letting web sites, AirBNB etc.  It also covers rentals where no fee is paid.

Landlords MUST establish a system where they can connect to the authorities computer system to allow the authorities to check, in real time, who is living at a property.

For not connecting to the authorities system, the fine is 10,000tl and for failing to provide real time data, the fine is 5,000tl.

The landlords system must be in place by mid January 2017.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »
Iv just been reading about the new rules to landlords on a residency group on fb, it was posted by Inspector from CBF so maybe he will be kind enough to post on here too so folk who dont go on fb know...there are very big fines by the looks of it for those who dont comply to the rules, though im not sure how it will be policed if you do rent out...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:49:36 AM »
What I am led to believe is that if you have people stay in your Apt the police need to be informed on a daily basis, this includes friends and family.

Sorry, missed that in my last post.  Yes, friends and family are included, even if they aren't paying any rental.

I read somewhere that in Kas or Kalkan all you have to do is supply the Jandarma with a photocopy of the renters passport, rental dates and full details of the property owner.  Something most local agents who do meet and greet can arrange.

Going to be more work which equals higher costs, but if that's the price of doing business in a country which is under a state of emergency, then you just get on with it.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »
So let's assume you have a house in the husbands name only. Do you have to supply daily details of your wife and any kids? If so how do you physically do this? Is there a website set up?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »
No, because the property owner is in residence.

JF

Offline Inspector

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PROPERTY OWNERS
Summary of New Regulations for Daily rental houses villas and aparts.
As you remember after the terrorist attacks in istanbul Ministery of Internal Affairs changed the regulations.
Summary of changes for daily weekly rental properties.
1- Owner of the property have to apply to Police or Jandarma and register it as a rental property.
2- After the registration they will give you a password.
3- You need to buy a program and install it in your computer. Cost of program is starting from 300 lira for one villa
4- When you finish instalation you have to send list of people in the property every thay between 24.00/02.00
5- You have to send a empty list even if there is nobody in the property every day
6- At the end of the season you can apply to Police /Jandarma and suspend your account till the next season.
Attention
If you start renting your villa daily and weekly before doing those written above. Fined is starting from 10000 Lira (2200£)
If you dont send your guest list for one day (even when there is nobody) fine is 5000 Lira (1100£)
You need to inform the guests. if somebody comes as their guest and stays at the property and you are not informed and dont send on daily list, you will be fined again.
Police will send the accomidation lists to tax office and you have to be carefull, keep documents receipts for each entry and pay the tax.
Its not clear yet that if they will get tax with simple declaration or will ask an accountant to register you as a busines.
No need these process for long term rentals with contract.

Offline Inspector

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
For the guest who will stay at  with you,

If they will stay at property with you as a friend no probs. But If they say to taxman that they pay money for staying with you. You will be fined then.

For the guests regulations, you have to inform authorities if they will stay more than 30 days.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 11:23:05 AM »
Thanks for confirming all of that Inspector.

We've been researching the holiday rental market in the wee corner of Spain we'll be moving to shortly and the regulations now in place in Andalucia for touristic rentals aren't that different to what Turkey is implementing.  The way I see it, they are under a fiscal state of emergency, as opposed to a security state of emergency.

What is significantly different is that every man and his dog who rents out a property in Andalucia is aware of the legislation, and the penalties for non compliance - fines up to €180,000 in some cases.  There has been a bit of coverage of the new law in Turkey, which is heavy on what you have to do, but extremely light on how to do it.  A lot of Spanish only rental sites have covered their laws in blogs, news articles etc but a quick scout round the Turkish equivalents came up with zip. 

Makes me wonder if there are a whole bunch of rental owners who are actually unaware of these new regulations...?

I also wonder if we'll see something similar to a few years ago when the taxman sent a whole load of inspectors down from Ankara to go door knocking in the hope of catching a few holiday landlords not declaring their rental income, except it wont be taxmen knocking on the villa and apartment doors this time round.  Or am I maybe being a bit cynical?

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf