Author Topic: Bayram the Electrician - first class  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Bayram the Electrician - first class
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
Following advice given originally by Karaokemark - we got our first electric shower fitted by Bayram and it was a good investment in the colder months   :)

So today - he came to our new place - I had told him I was getting the shower from Tekzen as they had a good one on offer (German made) at 89.90 lira - no problem - he said.

He fitted an isolation switch / fuse - used tracking around the top of the ceiling so no wires were exposed and did a very tidy job - cost 70 lira - including switch / tracking and 4 m of cable - very pleased - so much in fact he got a 5 lira tip as well   ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bayram the Electrician - first class
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 16:10:39 PM »
Steady on with these tips Ian...that will buy you two chicken half breads in Gunlukbasi... Have to agree Bayram is very good.. Xx

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 16:19:21 PM »
Ian what output is your shower  i went where you bought yours  7w heater was 175 tl they did have smaller ones but i dont know how good they are .also how long ago were they on offer.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 16:37:31 PM »
Bayram is brilliant, we've used his service for the past 6 years.We had to call him out one Friday at 9pm because the fuse had blown right back to the main switch, which was down in the cellar of another block. He got us up and running in no time after chasing up a key holder for the cellar etc.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 16:59:22 PM »
Bayram is a real gent, he is also one of 12 brothers which cover most trades ie. Builders, plumbers, motorbike mechanic, locksmith, electrician.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 17:07:16 PM »
I asked Bayram  for a quote 3 days ago to have my air con gassed and he quoted 100TL which I thought was expensive.
I then asked my new electrician how much he could get it done for and he said 75TL.  He said he would talk to his boss and came back with the price of 70TL plus 50TL for a full clean and service on 3 air cons.  I told him to go ahead and I actually got charged 200TL for the lot.
Even though you think you know the guy, you still have to shop around.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 17:13:46 PM »
Ian what output is your shower  i went where you bought yours  7w heater was 175 tl they did have smaller ones but i dont know how good they are .also how long ago were they on offer.

Lance - Tekzen had sold out yesterday - and tried to sell me the last one - which was clearly a return as the bottom of the box was soaking wet so I refused it and they then took it out of stock. They had 2 others - dearer and not as good.

I was told a new delivery was due in the night - I duly arrived at 9.30am and true to their word there was a pallet of Fakir - Clero - 7kw - Showers on the front.

These are German made and even include the fuse that is required to give it a separate switch - they can be found in town between 110 lira and 150 lira

http://www.tekzen.com.tr/urun/fakir-clero-elektrikli-sofben-145489
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 17:45:21 PM by Ian »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 22:26:52 PM »
Bayram is a real gent, he is also one of 12 brothers which cover most trades ie. Builders, plumbers, motorbike mechanic, locksmith, electrician.

ps  the youngest is a heart surgeon if anyone has problems in that area.
we have used bayram for about 10yrs and never lets us down
we have tried to keep him a secret.  haha

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf