Author Topic: Large Circular Trays  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Large Circular Trays
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 18:02:08 PM »
Hi Steve, very fair, quite often these tables loose their legs and are just sold as trays.   I have seen these tables making anything between £30.00 - £65.00 at Antiques Fairs, so well done.  A tip for cleaning very dirty brass is use quarter of a pint of vinegar 4 ozs salt and a couple of pints of water rub the solution onto the brass and it cleans like magic, you can reduce the amounts for smaller items, (this works for most metals but must not be used for silver plate) always clean it off again with hot water and then dry and polish.
Jacqui.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Large Circular Trays
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 18:56:00 PM »
Thanks Jacqui. To be honest I would have paid around £50 for it anyway so thats great to know that I got a bargain to boot and thanks for the cleaning advice, I shal give that a go.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Large Circular Trays
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 18:59:41 PM »
Ohh and Jacqui, how old do you rekon this particular table is? I know that its difficult to tell from a pic so are there any markings I should look out for?
Wheehey! Our very antique advice with Jacqui Harvey!! Sorry, I'm taking liberties now  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Large Circular Trays
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 22:12:55 PM »
Sorry Steve, it's impossible to judge the age or give a valuation just by a photograph.  These items had no specific markings and have been made over a long period of time.   If you have a local antique dealer call in and ask them.  - 10 out of 10 for trying though.  
Jacqui

Offline Linda1953

Large Circular Trays
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 20:26:28 PM »
yes pauline now you mention it I suppose its a fair price for seating.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf