Author Topic: The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport  (Read 17016 times)

Offline Linda1953

The ongoing saga of food costs at the airport
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 19:17:24 PM »
Just dont by the food..........I dont.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 23:36:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by vexaar

Old topic I know. But I actually like a Double Whoppa with cheese. Just sorry that in the new terminal BK is outside airside so I have to buy McDonalds after duty-free.

There is no accounting for tatse but it is beyond me that you can be on holiday in Turkey and enjoy the wonderful food on offer and then get into the airport to go home and queue and pay a fortune for a bit of cardboard in a bun. ;)

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 03:31:33 AM »
We stopped at the super chicken restaurant outside the prison on the Dalaman Airport road and had three half chickens, rice, bread, salad and bottled water for 17 lira (about £6.80 in total) - but obviously you need  a lift up the airport or a friendly taxidriver!!

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 03:33:40 AM »
I also wrote a letter to the Land of Lights last year complaining about the food prices and overcharging at the old airport duty free shops - but it was never published!

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 04:39:15 AM »
My last outgoing flight from Dalaman was Nov 30th on KTHY flight YK965 to Stanstead. It was the only flight leaving that afternoon and half of the lights in the teminal were switched off but some 'franchises' were open. As I had my transfer from Cafe Pazar, Cathy made me a lovely beef sandwich and gave me a bottle of water so I was well catered for!. Until the operators of DLM drop the prices, the only option is to take your own food.
Pete

Offline Lol59

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 23:24:31 PM »
So it seems you are allowed to take liquids/drinks through to "airside" in Dalaman airport?  I don't think you are allowed to do this in the UK all drinks are confiscated "land side" before security.
Can anyone clarify this for me?
Thanks
Lorraine

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 23:35:23 PM »
LO159 no problems with that at Dalaman, seven of us came thru in September and we had more food and drink for the kids than we had luggage, saved a small fortune, correction big fortune.
Its great seeing all the people in the know at dalaman with their Migros bags full of food.

Offline Akasya

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »
I can't understand why people have to slag off Burger King, Mc Donalds etc, no i don't buy them regularly, but they are 100% quality, and you know their hygeine standards are high. I was very impressed with the MC d's on the road up to Izmir, good food, clean good service, no body smoking whilst cooking, serving or cleaning up. When we enter an establshment in Turkey, if we see staff smoking we leave immediately. Happens so often. To see a person cooking with a fag on makes me feel ill. No problem with Mc D or BK. A lot of folk get fed up with " holiday turkish food" small portion of meat fish etc. loads of chips, rice salad, grated veg. No wonder they clamour for a bit of Fast Food.
Steve.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 18:45:32 PM »
akasya this topic is about the cost of food at dalaman airport

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 21:08:04 PM »
 :) GUILTY, we had a Kentucky, last time we came home, because the food in the RIP lounge was sh-te.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf