Author Topic: Third 'bedroom'  (Read 12007 times)

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Re: Third 'bedroom'
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 20:39:16 PM »
You need your neighbours to agree too. 8) 8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 23:01:24 PM »
We wanted another bedroom and looked into it.  We are not allowed to built up or out because of the measurement of land around our place (which we thought was plenty).. Bummer, we love the house and the location and don't want to move, but would love another bedroom..

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 23:20:41 PM »
You need your neighbours to agree too. 8) 8)

That will be easy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 23:55:55 PM »
In all seriousness, your friendship with your neighbours needs to last forever. If Ronaldo sold and new owners came in 2023, they could complain and you'd have to remove and reinstate.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 07:18:36 AM »
Point taken Keith however as there are at least half a dozen, maybe more, who have already done this (including Turkish  committee members) I can't see it being a problem we will worry about too much. If we have to make it as it was due to selling then it will really be as simple as taking out a couple of windows and putting the veranda barriers back. No alterations to brickwork or roofline are required.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 14:57:34 PM »
Stoop pm Simon aka Terrie on here, im sure got arressted a year ago or so when neighbours complained about him, proberbly a bit more involved but, might be worth speaking with him forthe full facts

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 20:35:12 PM »
Hi stoop no problems i think on ciceck nearly everyones had extentions upper walk in wardrobes or extra extended bedrooms you will not reconise the place new wall new lighting tons and tons of new soil this is all being done before next year when we go over to fethyie council that tells you something.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
As long as the enclosed area is already part of the structure within the footprint of the building and it is being done with removerable materials ie.upvc or aluminium glass products you do not require planning or consent from neighbours.This changes completly if using bricks or any building materails which are classed as permanent. Hope this helps.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 09:43:42 AM »
Cheers mac2010. That's exactly what we intend. No brickwork and simply enclosing an area that is within the structure if the house.

Good point on the council change Mickey! We will go ahead this summer I think as I know at least two or three more wanting to do the same and maybe 10 or more already done it.

My original question was to find out if anyone fancies doing it and getting together to try and get a good deal. One neighbour has already indicated he wants to join forces so if anyone else fancies it please PM me or jimbo.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 15:12:28 PM »
Interesting reading.
Now this is what an illegal build looks like, see the extension to the side of the house, extra room 2 double doors, lets see what happens next.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf