Author Topic: Cheapflightseats.com  (Read 1451 times)

Offline julesbob0303

Cheapflightseats.com
« on: January 25, 2008, 17:41:21 PM »
Can anyone help me with my consumer rights, please?

I booked some flights late last night with this company (online) for 4 people flying out of Cardiff to Dalaman, on Monday 26th May at 1755 for 7 nights, arriving back in Cardiff at 0330.  I assumed this return to be on the Monday morning, the 2nd June.

The arrival time at Dalaman was not shown, even on the booking form.  As flights are normally about 4 hrs, I assumed we would arrive around midnight on the Monday night.

The arrival DAY back into Cardiff was not shown either, only the time.

When i received the confirmation email this morning, I panicked, as the arrival day back into Cardiff is actually Tuesday and not the Monday.  Great - an extra night in our lovely apartment!

Trouble is, our daughter has a GCSE exam in school on the MONDAY afternoon, and I also need to be back in work on the Monday morning.  We were pushing it anyway to get back in time, (we live just under an hour from the airport, but my daughter could have had a few hours sleep prior to her exam, and I would have gone into work about 11am).  An extra day is impossible.

We now stand to lose £300 deposit if we cancel, or flights costing up to £180 more EACH, plus an amendment fee of £25 each!

I feel this site is very misleading with its details.  They are a bit vague to put it mildly.  No arrival time for the outward airport and no sign of a return DATE at the return airport.

As I have paid the deposit on my Barclaycard (which has a certain amount of protection), is there anything I can do, or does anyone have any good suggestions.

I admit that part of the problem is mine, and maybe I should have checked first, as we were on a tight timescale, but ..........

Thanks, Julie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf