Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 5315 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 09:05:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply Bewva,

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
Thomas Cook
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 18:15:07 PM »
bewva, I understand where you are coming from but airlines are under more strict controls by the EU/CAA all suppliers have a duty to there customers the action by airlines and come to that petrol suppliers and I would include the UK government on the subject of fuel are just ripping us off it would properly only cost a carrier an additional £3000 for fuel return at today's prices from the UK/Turkey flying a Boeing 737 say with 180 passengers at £25 per pax per leg = £9000 = a nice profit margin of £6000 per return flight on top of the profit they already make, so who is kidding who???

Please note: that the CAA/ABTA/ATOL are all funded by the airlines so who side are they on, not us the consumer that's for sure.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Thomas Cook
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 20:14:43 PM »
The discount sale is off now on FTC, I looked and the flight was only £3 cheaper , cleared the cache and cookies and the flight dropped to £80.99 £26 cheaper still for the end of April, me thinks they are playing a blinder!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 22:21:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by loz

The discount sale is off now on FTC, I looked and the flight was only £3 cheaper , cleared the cache and cookies and the flight dropped to £80.99 £26 cheaper still for the end of April, me thinks they are playing a blinder!

I have never been fortunate to benefit from clearing the cookies and getting a cheaper flight. I have even tried using a different pc in the house rather than my laptop.:(

Offline littlereddevil

Thomas Cook
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 18:05:00 PM »
Never works for me either. Always the same wherever I look from.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Thomas Cook
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 19:06:29 PM »
FTC are struggling to sell flights Gatwick to Dalaman end of April £80.99  Manchester to Dalaman £65.99  better than the bargain discounts that were on offer.

Offline mibur

Thomas Cook
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 19:05:17 PM »
I agree with loz, I have also looked at flights then cleared my internet history and cookies and looked again and got quoted a lower price!!! (FTC are the biggest culprit)

I think that most sites monitor the activity and dates people are looking for and then "bump up" the prices if they think that there is more demand.

A word comes to mind but I will not post it !!!  

If everyone clears the history and cookies from their pc every time they search, this may help stabilise prices?

Offline Chinook

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 21:21:56 PM »
Would you give a discount to someone that you had noticed had visited your shop on a number of occassions and each time viewed the same item?

Offline mibur

Thomas Cook
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 22:59:43 PM »
Hi Chinook
I don't think that it is "asking for a discount" it is about airlines exploiting people. It all comes down to "supply and demand" If the airlines think that there is more demand for a certain flight, they nearly always bump up the prices!

School holidays are a prime example. Why should a flight be more expensive during school holidays? The operating costs are exactly the same as any other time of the year.

The fiasco last year with the "Ash cloud" was also a good example.  The same when other operators went belly up, prices suddenly shot up, why? because they know they have us over a barrel.
 Yes, I can understand that airlines operate a business and want to make a profit but surely, prices should remain at a constant level.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Thomas Cook
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 23:02:36 PM »
Actually, yes I would give a discount to someone who returned a number of times to look at the same item. In doing so I might just move them from not entirely convinced, to buying it  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf