Author Topic: Well done Pegasus  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Well done Pegasus
« on: March 18, 2017, 09:16:18 AM »
I came back from the UK last night on the Pegasus flight from Stansted, changing in Istanbul. Although the incoming flight arrived early in Stansted, the outgoing flight was delayed by 1 hour +, "as there was no slot at Istanbul". As there's only 1.5 hours between flights in Istanbul, I asked the flight crew what, if anything, Pegasus would do to enable us to catch our onward flights.

Ground staff met us at the entrance to passport control &, provided you had a boarding card for the onward flight, that was boarding imminently, directed us to a seperate passport control area, bypassing the hour + queue. We were then directed through the transit passenger entrances, bypassing domestic security, so just a gentle stroll to the gate for the Dalaman flight, where we arrived before the gate opened - a first for me!

Whilst it's true that it saved them the hassle of rebooking flights, it took all of the stress out of the situation, so many thanks Pegasus.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Well done Pegasus
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:39:08 AM »
Its not first time I've heard folks say good things about Pegasus when transiting through Istanbul and there's been problems with the connection, good to hear they got you sorted as well.

Turkish Airlines are the same - fast track through immigration and straight through the transit corridor to domestic.  I've been on the Dalaman to Istanbul flight a few times where there'd been a delay at Dalaman and the cabin staff have gone down the aircraft speaking to all those with connections individually telling them what to do once landed.  Long gone are the days when we thought THY stood for They Hate You  :)

JF

Offline Pi55y

Re: Well done Pegasus
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 08:07:32 AM »
We had a similar experience to Liz when we flew back to Turkey from Stansted on Tuesday. Despite arriving early at the airport  as we expected increased security due to the recent terror attack in London, check in at the Pegasus desk was extremely slow and took well over an hour (wish we had remembered to check in online). We then had the expected long queues at security which we didn't mind one bit. We finally got on  the plane only then to be sat on the runway for 90 minutes. It turned out that two of the passengers had not boarded so they had to unload all of the baggage to find their cases. We finally took off and, although catching up some time, we arrived  in Istanbul an hour late at 19.05 and our plane to Dalaman was boarding at 19.20. By this time we were stressed and  convinced that we would miss the plane and have to overnight in Istanbul. However airport staff met us as we entered the arrivals building and  shepherded us and other passengers rushing to catch other connecting flights down to the far end of the passport hall to a special passport desk. We were then whisked past a security officer through a door to domestic departures. The whole experience took ten minutes at most. So yes a huge well done to Pegasus and the ground staff at Istanbul.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf