Author Topic: Cafe Roka  (Read 7304 times)

Offline sunnyd

Cafe Roka
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

Did someone on here say the owner of the Zayra is the chap who used to be at the Roka before the awful tragedy happened[?]

Eşref who owns Zayra used to be a waiter at the Roka.

Offline buddy

Cafe Roka
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »
Rode round there last week on my bike to order a takeaway, having ordered I then started to tell the delivery man where to bring it too, just as I finished my map they walked out of the kitchen with the meal ready, talk about fast food! Found the food good and the portions were plenty for me.

Offline SteveJ

Cafe Roka
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »
Err - wasn't that the Chinese buds?

Offline buddy

Cafe Roka
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 13:18:03 PM »
You're right Steve that was the Shanghai Blues :-\, but you know what its like, so many restaurants and bars and only a week to get round as many as you can, it turns into a blur[xx(]. That's my story and im sticking to it:D.

Offline hydeaway

Cafe Roka
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 17:47:45 PM »
we always visited the roka but my visit in the summer was poor compared to all the lovely meals i have had there before. not the food i may add just the service thay missed meals off as we had 12 people on our table. but would go back as we live near there and need to support the restuarants near the market or its a long walk for Grub lol

Offline apollo

Re: Cafe Roka
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 18:56:05 PM »
We have had a lovely meal at Roka this evening. Friendly and attentive staff.

Saç kavurma and biftek biberli nicely cooked and well presented.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »
We are not regulars at the roka but went last week, food was good but service was pretty bad they said the waiter had just left and it was obvious the young lad and the older lady had never waited on a table in their lives. we didnt have the cheap menu so cant comment on that. also there was no greeter which left some people hovering at the door unsure as to enter or not.

Offline Flange

• Newly Registered
Cafe Roka
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 10:10:41 AM »
Went to Roka last week.  We were informed that It is under new management.  Certainly the people were not the same as our last visit in April.  Service was a bit hit and miss. 
Always have steak and I have to say that the quality has dipped.  Still good, but definitely not as good as it used to be.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 16:34:47 PM »
Went today for the lunchtime menu. Food was excellent.
The new owners are Gulsen and Ertugrul from Izmir.

Gulsen is still teaching in Fethiye but retires soon and her husband has retired recently from the army and she said they always wanted a restaurant to run.

She said it was difficult to get good staff but they would do their best to give good service and good food - what we had was very good food at a very reasonable price cooked by the same chef who has always been there.

They are very nice people and worth supporting until they get the hang of running their own business   :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
Couldnt you wash a few pots Ian. You dont have anything else to do as Gill does everything. x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf