Author Topic: Nice places to sit and eat  (Read 8324 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Nice places to sit and eat
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 20:46:15 PM »

I have heard good reports about the new place next to The Nil Bar.. (no idea what it is called)...

The Laika & yes it's good  :P

Offline marina

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 20:53:25 PM »
Loujasmin, if you are fish eaters I can recommend the Hilmi Restaurant which is not really in Calis, but along the promenade between Calis and Fethiye.   You would probably be best getting a taxi out there and asking for the Hilmi, next door to Mancero Restaurant.  You can get a table right on the edge of the prom overlooking the water. Great food and fabulous views. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 20:54:23 PM »
I have heard good reports about the new place next to The Nil Bar.. (no idea what it is called)...

It certainly is   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 21:22:28 PM »
George's is a good restaurant. Family owned for over 30 years and the quality and standards never vary.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 23:02:21 PM »
Many thanks for your recommendations, they all sound lovely. We don't eat meat but we do eat fish so hoping for some nice fresh fish dishes.
Anything that suggests beachfront or sunset view ticks my boxes   :) can't wait !

Okyanus is the next one down from the Lighthouse on the prom - sunset view seafood restaurant. If you get a taxi the best in my view is Yengec in Karagozler 2, small marina and fantastic fish.

Offline davybill

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 09:19:13 AM »

Take your ear plugs if you don't like loud music in the evening?

Offline mac2010

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 14:16:44 PM »
Many thanks for your recommendations, they all sound lovely. We don't eat meat but we do eat fish so hoping for some nice fresh fish dishes.
Anything that suggests beachfront or sunset view ticks my boxes    :) can't wait !
   There is only one true fish restaurant called Okyanus and it is fantastic.Eaten the so many times I have lost count. It is along the Calis sea front about 3/4 of the way up from the main entrance to the prom from the bridge end. Also at the other end of the prom as far as you can go is a place called sat beach club and restaurant.There you can choose fish from the counter and cook it your self on BBQ's plus its a stunning location to watch the sunsets.

Offline Loujasmin

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 19:09:01 PM »
Thanks again to all replies, a week tomorrow we will be there! Eek  :) does one need to book in a popular place like bambu or Sat?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 19:13:58 PM »
Food not very good at The Bambi... Try The Beach house a bit further on.. I would book if you want to sit outside.. The Bambu is more comfortable if you just want a drink .

Offline Loujasmin

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 19:41:42 PM »
Ok, brill again advice thanks so much, can anyone recommend a good Turkish breakfast place, we get there Saturday afternoon , would like a nice real Turkish brekky Sunday before we head off to the market. We don't drive and are staying in calis. X

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf