Author Topic: Onur Air flight cancellation  (Read 4966 times)

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Onur Air flight cancellation
« on: April 15, 2011, 17:25:48 PM »
If anyone was due to fly back to LGW from Dalaman on 27th June with Onur Air 1461(18.45) looks like the flight has been cancelled.They are offering a free of charge full cancellation!!We are now coming back 3 days early on 24th :(Pain in the a---.Every year i say never again with them ,but get sucked in by the low prices(£118 rtn)

Offline Eric

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 17:51:47 PM »
Value for money is not just the lowest price. ;)

Offline elaina

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 23:45:56 PM »
Yes return flight to Gatwick on 20 June also now cancelled and have been offered full refund or alternative returning on 17 June.  So have also lost 3 days.

Offline hillside

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
They are an absolute pain and shouldn't be allowed to operate as they do. I could go on forever with stories about Onur. Theres no value if your visit is cut shor by 3 days.We paid £140 in June with Easyjet - an extra £22 for an extra 3 days in Turkey! I wouldnt touch Onur.

Offline elaina

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 00:26:59 AM »
No I am not going to anymore. I am just wondering now what they are going to do with my September flights.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 00:34:57 AM »
I think they operate a system where they release loads of flight times/slots and then when they have got your money (quite often months in advance)they start to consoidate the flights by dropping some and moving everyone to others - thus filling some planes and saving on the others. My guess is most of the flights do not exist but are just a front to get customers on board.

They also know that as most people book early they get cheap flights - then when it's time to 'move' them the flight prices have gone up considerably and they know customers will not be able to find an alternative at the same price - so they accept the changes.

Still - you can be lucky and get a cheap flight that actually goes and returns when you expected it to.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 00:38:21 AM by stoop »

Offline elaina

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 23:22:44 PM »
Yes, Stoop, I agree and I will not be booking with them again.  I have opted for the full refund that Aegean offered and have rebooked with Easyjet, although the price I am now having to pay is considerably more than it would have been a few months ago when the Easyjet flights were first released, at least I can be as sure as I can be that the flight I have paid for is the one I will get.  How Aegean think people are able to change their arrangements at the drop of a hat I do not know - I had booked a hire car now that has to be changed, also at work I have to book my annual leave in advance and that has to be changed too. I am afraid it is going to have to be Easyjet or dare I say, Fly Thomas Cook for me from now on.  I just wish KTHY were still operating - I only flew with them once and that was last year in June, they were superb and very good value for money - such a shame they are not flying now.

Offline Dizzi

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »
Unfortunately for us in Newcastle Easyjet don't fly to Dalaman so we have limited choice.

I book with Aegean every year and to be fair to them have never really had a problem.

This year thought for my August flights I booked a night time flight back on BH Monday which they have brought forward by 11.5 hours so I have no choice as you don't get the offer of change or cancellation until it is over 12 hours, if I remember correctly though they don't fly back on a Monday to Newcastle as last year we had it changed to the Tuesday morning.........so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for that, but really if I lose day i'm not too bothered for the prices I paid from up here £150 for 3 weeks!

I hope that Easyjet do eventually fly to Dalaman it would give us so much more choice.

xx

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 15:31:36 PM »
2 years ago July 21st I think it was our Ounur flight from Dalaman-Edinburgh had 12 or so people who should have been going to Newcastle on it, theese poor people had to fly to Edinburgh wait for us all to get of wait for others to get on before they flew them to Newcastle enroute back to Dalaman.

When at Dalaman waiting for our flight that we nearly missed as the screens said Newcastle flight numder 4521 instead of Edinburgh flight4521 .
They do seem to mess things about for people.

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »
just recived email,my daughters flights cancelled,ohy 356from doncaster,15/6.11.it says all flights cancelled fromdoncaster till 15th jul,they have given exactly 8 weeks notice,to the day.so no compensation,i booked these flights in march last year,i think they are having a laugh:-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf