Author Topic: Locking English mobiles  (Read 13280 times)

Offline booo

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 14:35:00 PM »
sorry can't remember cos my boyfriend did it for me, something to do with pressing the hash key and something else, but all it said was phone not recognised when we did it.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 14:46:35 PM »
I've registered 3 unused phones now so there won't be any shortage of phones for us when we arrive.  Hopefully the one I left in our apartment will still be working.

Offline mibur

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 14:52:22 PM »
just gone on the site mentioned and put in my serial number then got this message, can anyone help with translation?

Cep telefonunuzla ilgili hiç bir kayit bulunamadi.

Bu sorgulama bilgilendirme amaçli olup kesinleşmiş kayit anlamina gelmemektedir."

Many thanks
mibur

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 15:12:04 PM »
You may access the serial number (IMEI) by dialing *#06# on your mobile device, and inquire free of charge if this number is registered or not from the internet address http://imei.tk.gov.tr.

The website mentioned is just to check if your phone is registered or not. I do not think you can register it on there. if it comes up as registered then you should be OK. Mine isn't but still worked last week.

Stoop

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 15:12:37 PM by stoop »

Offline Fran

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 17:01:43 PM »
Mibur
I got the same message as you and I thought my phone was registered.
However I put another emei number in for an unregistered phone and again got the same message. So it would appear we are not registered.

Looked on an online turkish translator and Kayit means register, but couldn't find bulunamadi

Hope this helps Fran :)

Offline braveheart

Locking English mobiles
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 18:38:31 PM »
Trust me - no problems at all - maybe forget the english phone ??
quote:
Originally posted by braveheart

I have a scottish mobile - no problem - still in use

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 19:18:52 PM »
Kayit Bulunamadi.........As you say Kayit is registered and Bulunamak is the verb to find.  I think with my limited grammar bulunamadi is the past negative tense. Which of course means Registration not Found. Maybe someone with better Turkish can confirm or otherwise. :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 20:53:27 PM »
Have had a quick response on this from The Fethiye Times who have just about given up on getting any sense out of TTelekom. So it looks at the moment as if it is wait and see what happens.
FT did mention that the Migros website had the offer of a Nokia phone plus a free electric coffee machine at under £40!.
At the end of the day we could all end up with a Turkish Mobile:-\
Have also come across a couple of people who had been advised their phones were registered but the website is now saying they are not registered! :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 21:40:15 PM »
I bought a secondhand phone in Fethiye (yes I know a mistake). The phone and sim card were registered with Turkcell. However this phone isn't working now. If I bring a new Nokia from England. Will the registered sim work? Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question. Anne x

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Locking English mobiles
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2006, 22:07:43 PM »
The topic is so confusing no question is a dumb one! In theory if you bring a new phone from the uk providing you have the invoice you should then be able to register it. It is the phones IMEI number that is registerd although it is your simcard provider who makes the registration. I would wait a little while and see what happens with this can of worms. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf