Author Topic: Vinn wifi  (Read 37792 times)

Offline dycedon

Re: Vinn wifi
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »
not sure about that one, you may have to connect to computer, i will look forward to the answer on this one.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2014, 12:42:53 PM »
take a look at this youtube tutorial, the part that you would need is approx 3.12mins into the video, the first part is taking it out of the box!!!
your screen once logged on may look a little different to the youtube ,
you may get the option to use the screen presented or classic, with the Turkcell vinn I prefer Classic, you can see right away how much is left or clear the system to start again and see what you are using on the MiFi itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtoVjsobkP0

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2014, 12:51:03 PM »
Windows tablets seem to have problems running anything USB other than a pen drive.

Yeah, especially with MIFI dongles.  Basically its a driver issue - Windows RT does not allow users to install desktop software which means you can't install either the driver or the proprietary apps needed to run the dongles. 

Some of the newer dongles may work, you need to check if they use the NDIS 6.3 interface.  Windows RT has the drivers for this built in.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2014, 13:00:10 PM »
Maybe, but mine isn't Windows RT  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2014, 13:17:23 PM »
Fairly sure Windows 8 & 8.1 are the same (as in need NDIS 6.3 devices) - but truth be told, I haven't had a play with either so cant be 100%. 

JF

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2014, 15:26:54 PM »
If on turkcell log on to device and text "kalan" to 2222 and expiry date and remaining allowance is text back free.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2014, 21:24:38 PM »
Windows tablets seem to have problems running anything USB other than a pen drive.

Yeah, especially with MIFI dongles.  Basically its a driver issue - Windows RT does not allow users to install desktop software which means you can't install either the driver or the proprietary apps needed to run the dongles. 

Some of the newer dongles may work, you need to check if they use the NDIS 6.3 interface.  Windows RT has the drivers for this built in.

JF

I think you lost me when you started to type!  why do you need to download the software? 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2014, 22:35:13 PM »
Third party manufactured devices (printers, modems etc) often need additional files (drivers) to work.  For many of them, the additional files are installed ready to go within windows - you've probably seen the notification when you plug a device into a Windows computer "installing device drivers".  These are often generic drivers which work across a variety of devices by different manufacturers.

Unfortunately, some device manufacturers don't submit their device drivers to Microsoft (as it cost money!) and provide the additional files/drivers on a CD, to be loaded before or during the installation of the device.

Hope that makes sense!

JF

Offline kevmclean2001

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2014, 00:01:26 AM »
Are the devices readily available at the moment
Arrive tomorrow and planning t get one to keep the teenagers happy
Thank you

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2014, 01:29:38 AM »
Third party manufactured devices (printers, modems etc) often need additional files (drivers) to work.  For many of them, the additional files are installed ready to go within windows - you've probably seen the notification when you plug a device into a Windows computer "installing device drivers".  These are often generic drivers which work across a variety of devices by different manufacturers.

Unfortunately, some device manufacturers don't submit their device drivers to Microsoft (as it cost money!) and provide the additional files/drivers on a CD, to be loaded before or during the installation of the device.

Hope that makes sense!

JF

but does it wash the dishes!

just buy the ruddy thing, it works no matter what device you use, why plug it in?  yet do not try it out in the washing machine, it does not like it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf