Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 1977 times)

Offline marina

Travel Insurance
« on: July 22, 2016, 17:44:48 PM »
Anyone had experience of flying following major surgery and have you managed to be covered by your travel insurance?  If so, any recommendations please.

I'm waiting for a knee replacement op in a couple of months but will want to go away again as soon as I'm fit but will need to make sure I get travel insurance to cover me.

Any suggestions gratefully received. 

Thanks    :)

Offline blueclad

Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 18:44:32 PM »
Marina.
my gall bladder exploded on goodfriday I had 11 days in hospital due to intestine damage .I contacted my nationwide building society travel insurance [ free by the way if you have an account ] they put me onto medical conditions dept I had to pay extra on top of my extras for other medical conditions  total joint cover £201  for 12 months no problem they said  but .
When do you fly ?????? it must be 10 weeks plus to get the cover well it was 11 weeks till our holiday in june in Calis so all was ok.

[/u]2 yrs ago I had a knee replacement and I was told no medical cover for 6 weeks after my operation due to possible DVT.

im back in hospital in 10 days time  for another knee replacement [ the other one ] and im booked and fingers crossed to go to Calis 2 nd week of October.

hope this info  helps you .

Ron

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 19:01:46 PM »
Thanks blueclad, that's very helpful. We don't have anything booked yet will just get a late booking as soon as I know I can fly. We were out in Calis in May this year so have had one fix this year!  ;D 

Good luck with your next op.

Offline patrice

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 22:36:08 PM »
My last trip I changed from my Nationwide travel insurance which is free unless there are health issues they required an additional £120
I have gone with Paying To Much cost for a year £72 that includes all my health conditions .Worth checking them out Marina

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 22:45:51 PM »
Thanks patrice, will do. That sounds very good value for a year to include medical conditions.    :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 22:47:56 PM »
My last trip I changed from my Nationwide travel insurance which is free unless there are health issues they required an additional £120
I have gone with Paying To Much cost for a year £72 that includes all my health conditions .Worth checking them out Marina

I'll have a look at that as well - many thanks  :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 22:49:35 PM »
It was recommended by a friend I went onto their website but ended up phoning them because one of health problem was not recognised .I was delighted at the cost .So yes worth trying them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf