Author Topic: Stuart MacDonald Tribute Night.  (Read 15962 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Stuart MacDonald Tribute Night.
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2018, 20:40:44 PM »
They did CBF proud by announcing to the packed audience how members had joined in with initiative and had smashed the target.
Everyone there last night salutes you ♥️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline charlste

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2018, 20:45:12 PM »
We were there last night and it was a great night.how linda got through it i dont know but she was ok today.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2018, 20:56:12 PM »
By common consent last night was a huge success especially given the time available to organise it (barely 3 days).

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this success was in no small measure due to Mr George Rimmer (Rimms).

George offered his services very soon after Stuart passed away, even although he had “retired”.

But as the day of the event grow closer I know George worried as to how to get the “correct balance” and “to get things right for Linda”.

I wasn’t present last evening but by all the accounts I have received George got it absolutely right. I am not sure that anyone else in Calis could have done that.

George, everyone I speak to thinks that you (along with others) gave Stuart the send off he deserved and are very grateful to you. I know that Linda, Lee and Zyriha are.

Take a bow sir, take a bow.

And of course it was scunner who once again provided the platform and worked away in the background to ensure the success of the event.

And again, of course, CBF members (along with those from the other place) once again dug deep and contributed massively to the cause .

Thank you all.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 21:04:43 PM »
Thank you so much CBF. You made my job so simple by raising our target before evening setting up last night. Now with your help, Linda’s wishes will come true and Stuart (Rod) will be remembered for eternity.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTA8KFFhHpA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTA8KFFhHpA</a>

Offline charlste

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 21:05:51 PM »
Did the 3c's also benifit from such a great night?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2018, 21:16:15 PM »
The 3C's are being fully consulted on that.

As I understand it nothing has been finaalised as yet.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 21:18:56 PM »
Did the 3c's also benifit from such a great night?

I believe they benefited from seeing one of their greatest ever fundraisers being honoured

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Stuart MacDonald Tribute Night.
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 21:19:56 PM »
I can say with 100% certainty that all collected for this event will be used in conjunction with the wishes of Linda. So the answer is NO, 3Cs gain nothing from this night

Offline Steve A

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2018, 23:22:57 PM »
Why would they ? This was for Stuart and Linda who did a lot for 3c in his lifetime.

Offline cathy h

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2018, 23:44:41 PM »
Good evening, I would just like all of you to know the final total from last night's wonderful tribute to Stuart at Lee's Bar came to 3,411.50 TL plus 55 GBP.
George compiled a superb collection of Rod Stewart music, Caroline from 3C's gave a poignant and funny eulogy (after speaking to Linda) and Legless also spoke on behalf of CBF members.
A lovely video of some of Stuart's performances was shown, which was very moving.
I think I speak for everyone who attended, that this was a fitting way to say goodbye to a man who supported the 3C's for many years, enabling us to help many sick and disadvantaged local children.
We are so pleased to have been able to support this special evening, in memory of a special man who made a huge difference to children in this area which he and Linda love.
Thank you as always to CBF members for your support of the evening, and congratulations on the fantastic amount that you also raised.
Time and again you rally for good causes.
Thank you all

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf