Author Topic: visiting the dogs home  (Read 5412 times)

Offline miaspyro

visiting the dogs home
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:20 AM »
I have been going to the home for a few weeks now and would like to tell you what a joy it is.  When i first went i left feeling heart broken, and didnt want to go back, but that would have be selfish so back i went.  Now i love it and look forward to it every week, and always leave feeling great.  As for the dogs well who knows but the way they wag there tails and bark i think they enjoy it too.  

I know many of you wont go because you feel sorry for the dogs and would want to take them all home, well so do we all, so instead of having them all visit my home, I and many others go to visit them at their home.  Please put your feelings aside and come visit with us on Wednesdays, i promise you it will be fun, sad, heartbreaking, and all the things you dread, but for the dogs it will be a chance to play bark wag whine and show off their home and friends to you. Go on you know you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
visiting the dogs home
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:28:11 AM »

Go on, you know you want to !

:D:D:D:D:D:D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:31:53 AM by KKOB »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
visiting the dogs home
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:08:05 AM »
aww bless them !   look at their little tummies !  If i lived there full time, i'd go home with a car full each visit !.  

I felt the same at first, but I have to say that the centre is fantastic, and these animals are well looked after and love the interaction with visitors.  We now look forward to our visits and probably look forward to the cuddles more than the dogs/cats do !  Go on, as the others have said....you KNOW you want to :D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
visiting the dogs home
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »
Totally agree with both of you. We went up last week and we were so glad we did, I put my feelings aside about wanting to take them all away with me. We really enjoyed it and I am sure the dogs were really happy getting some extra affection and attention. In fact we have decided that it will be part of our holiday now, each trip we make to Turkey we will make the effort to go up and see the animals and make a donation at the same time.
Thanks for the piccies I wish we could have been there again yesterday!

Offline terrie

visiting the dogs home
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 15:33:57 PM »
Some more pics from the centre,some of these dogs are looking for permanent homes. Some have been brought in from the streets and are there to be neutered and spayed then returned, from there pick up place.
There are puppies, that need homeing, along with dogs that are used to a home inviroment, but are no longer wanted or able to be looked after.
These are the ones that suffer most, and the ones that need to find homes, as they are not street wise and are not used to having to search to find food.
Animal Aid  helps to provide the food for these dogs and cats.
Sometimes medical supplies,beds and toys.
We have just brought 11 new plastic beds, also a dry food bill for 1,550 TL.
Please help us make people aware of the centre, Animal Aid can only continue with your support.
If you have any unwanted items for the next bootfair, that you can donate please let us know, we can collect.
Maybe you can help us with new ideas for fund raising?.
Thank you for reading this.      

There are about 50 dogs at the momment along with kittens and cats can you help rehome any of them ?.

Offline ronzeus

visiting the dogs home
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 16:59:56 PM »
What a great job everyone that has anything to do with the animal sancuary are doing.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
visiting the dogs home
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 17:43:15 PM »
Thank You Ronzeus, I can only re-iterate what Terrie and the others have put, We cant do it without your help so please have a look around for any car boot stuff and give us a call.
Some new ideas for fundraising are in hand and we will put the details out shortly, in the meantime you can support us in trying to find homes for some of these dogs and cats or come up to the centre and help out on interaction days.

Andy

Offline alfred

visiting the dogs home
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 17:44:04 PM »
Hi
Gill here from Hastings, looking forward to bringing £300.00 out to the centre that I have raised by doing a sponser slim. My aim was to loss 1 stone in 8 weeks, and I am pleased to say I acheived it.So for those of you that have gained weight over the festive season and want to loss it before your next visit to Turkey? why not do a sponser slim like I did!! and raise a lot more money. I also have 30lira that a freind gave me for christmas to be passed onto the centre, because I said I dindt need anything she thought i could give to the dogs & cats. So people do like to help. So go on get started on a sposer slim.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
visiting the dogs home
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 17:59:14 PM »
Well done Gill

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
visiting the dogs home
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 18:24:22 PM »
Yes jolly well done Gill, that is a great idea a sponsered slim I may have to give that a go!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf