Author Topic: Looking to buy but first, a few questions  (Read 15599 times)

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
Re: Looking to buy but first, a few questions
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:29 AM »
As Scunner says, we're not looking at a permanent move (yet - that will be for when we retire!) so a longer term rent would be a bit overkill.

I've just contacted Cenk and Olga (mentioning, of course, the many recommendations from CBF members) to ask about arranging an inspection trip in September (we're planning on coming over from the 9th to 13th) and they certainly have a few potential properties on their website.

If anyone from the forum is around during that time, we'd love to meet some of you!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 11:22:22 AM »

Offline suehugh

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
However well recommended the estate agent, pLease use a solicitor in dependant from your estate agent during the buying process. It saved us a lot of heartache.
Enjoy the hunt.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
Only trying to help Keith. not looking for CBF argument time.  :)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
We used Cenk and Olga first class service but we did use a solicitor more for peace of mind than anything else. We bought of plan we love our place (2 bed apartment) but if we had our time again I think I would have upped the budget and gone for a villa (not on a complex) and that’s just down to not having to worry about comities and what goes with it.
Also please don’t rely on holiday rentals to pay for it as a lot of people on the forum will testify the income isn’t that good 
To me Calis is a work in progress constantly moving forward but that does cause short term problems i.e. roads dug up while new storm drains are laid the upgrade to the canals (I am sure it will look good when it is finished) but what never changes for me is that totally at ease feeling sat on the prom watching the sun go down with a beer in hand and I will say it is one of the most impressive sun sets that you will see

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »
I would also say keep an open mind when looking at the different parts of the area.

I had a list of places I thought I would like to live based on previous visits and online research etc, but ended up somewhere completely different after spending more time here.

Places I thought were definitely for me were very emphatically not what I wanted once I started looking and imagining myself there.

I realise the situation is a bit different as you're not - yet - looking for a permanent move, but maybe something to bear in mind nonetheless.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »
Only trying to help Keith. not looking for CBF argument time.   :)

If you are worried about arguments on CBF Des you should join a few Facebook groups to see what a place full of arguments, deletions and banning is like. I was not looking to argue, just pointing out that someone interested in a holiday home won't be looking to rent a place for 6 months!

Also I don't fully agree that people looking to move permanently should rent first - I found renting pretty miserable but loved life in our own place.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 14:23:33 PM »
I would echo WordBird and say be open minded about the area you wish to buy in.

We have settled in Ovacik - a place I swore I wouldn't even consider because I made all my judgements of it through the dolmus window. Fortunately for me, I met agents that went out of their way to change my opinion.

Each area has its pluses and minuses and you really need to look round for a while before deciding. Cenk and Olga appear to have a sterling reputation and are Calis experts.

And I would also heartily recommend http://www.coast2coastpropertiesturkey.co.uk/ and the proprietor Ronnie Higgins and
http://www.index-properties.com/ and the lovely Bünyamin Bulut (known to everyone as Benji). Both guys were excellent in securing us our property, offered us brilliant after sales services and have now become friends.

This forum and the reassurance, experience based advice and amazing support basically ensured we bought here in the Fethiye area. Ask, ask and ask again if something is niggling you or you really can't seem to find the answer. It's what we are all here for.   :)

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 15:14:32 PM »
Thanks Menthol,

Just had a glance at the websites you suggest, unfortunately nothing in our price range at the moment.

We're sitting here eagerly awaiting a reply to our email from Cenk & Olga so we confirm some viewings before booking flights (a nightmare in itself because of the awkwardness of times we can get over there!) - does anyone know if they have any strange opening hours?

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 18:10:33 PM »
Anyone heard of Coldwell Banker Karia Gayrimenkul estate agents? Office Manager is Hamza Caba. Looking at some properties
with him next week and wandered if anyone knew of them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf