Author Topic: New law for imprtation of house hold goods  (Read 10084 times)

Offline starman™

New law for imprtation of house hold goods
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 13:52:58 PM »
There would be some work to be done to get the deposit money back but at least you wont have to move all that furniture that you brought in back out again. Also no need to renew every year once you have de-registered.

Offline Moe

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 17:09:47 PM »
as we are soon required to attend Gumruk Izmir to re register our imported goods does this ruling affect us

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 16:35:37 PM »
My residency came through on Friday - my stuff can now be shipped so we'll see what happens when it arrives - I'll keep you posted on what happens

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 17:03:54 PM »
There will be some very miserable customs officers.
I just hope more things dont start going 'missing'
Thanks very much for the information Starman much appreciated.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 22:11:50 PM »
An update - had a call from Turkish Agents this morning - ship is on the way and expected to arrive in Izmir between Monday & Wednesday of next week - they have asked me to take to Izmir my passport, residents permit, tax number and a notarised rental agreement.  They also tell me that because I have been here since October 12th I will have to leave the country and enter again to get a stamp in my passport as I have been here for longer than a month before my goods arrived.

Offline peecee

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 05:07:39 AM »
If you have residency why do you need your passport stamped?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 05:47:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

They also tell me that because I have been here since October 12th I will have to leave the country and enter again to get a stamp in my passport as I have been here for longer than a month before my goods arrived.

There's something not right there. Ask them to clarify it.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
I asked the very same question.  I couldn't understand why I needed a stamp in my passport when I have residency.  The girl tells me that it's because I have been in the country for more than a month and my goods have to be imported within 31 days of me arriving in the country.  She tells me I don't need a visa just the rubber stamp to say I've entered the country - can't find anything on the internet that clarifies - I thought it was within 3 months. Thought I might email the mebassy - unless anybody wise knows the answer.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 13:36:23 PM »
***** Update****** under the new laws which came into effect on 12th November the way they calculate the time you have been in the country has changed.  You must not have spent over 90 days in the country in total in the year by the date the container arrives. I came for a few days in May - 30 days in July/August and have been resident for 57 days making 89 nights/90 days today and the container has not landed.  So I am over the 90 days so although I now have residency I have to leave the country get an exit and entrance stamp in my passport and the 90 days starts again - confusing to say the least.  Anyway I can't go until the container arrives and am just looking at it as a duty free shopping trip before Christmas.  

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 15:43:09 PM »

If you go after your container arrives, you will probably be charged their overpriced storage rates until you remove it from customs, which you cannot do until your return.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf