Author Topic: Benefit's in Turkey  (Read 18456 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 15:02:43 PM »
I understood the Turkish SSK,under the title of International health insurance, which supposedly was to be compulsory for holders of residencies  was to cost 184 lira a month and covered all the family members.But it had been suspended shortly after the new visa regulations were suspended.?????????

Offline The Crinklies

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 15:24:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

I understood the Turkish SSK,under the title of International health insurance, which supposedly was to be compulsory for holders of residencies  was to cost 184 lira a month and covered all the family members.But it had been suspended shortly after the new visa regulations were suspended.?????????

We understand that it was only the 'compulsory' factor that was removed for the time being. It is possible to take up the SSK insurance if you have residency and choose to have the insurance. We believe it costs 184tl monthly if you have citizenship or 250tl monthly if you don't.

Offline quackers

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 15:46:18 PM »
Yes that is what we have been told by SSK Office in Fethiye and we have the same level as the turksih citizens. We are about to use it for 2 operations and also for my husbands diabetic medication, you can only use it if the doctor signs the presciption not for over the counter medication. Seeing the surgeons after Bayram. 1st operation is on his spine the other is a hip replacement. We were given an estimate by Esnaf that 1st op will cost 1200-1400tl and 2nd op 2000 tl. Obviously if he used Devlet Hospital it would be less.He had a back op 2 years ago at Esnaf without SSK and that cost 9900 tl. Quite a saving for us if that is what we actually pay.To apply for SSK you have to have had a residency permit and lived here for 1 year. It took us 4 weeks to get our SSK number.

Offline rpg9000

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 20:06:25 PM »
The UHI/SSK insurance is a bargain for any ex-pat residents of "advanced years" or with pre-existing medical conditions, and I would certainly sign up if and when I move out there.

Which begs the question....the majority of us (myself included) moan about foreigners taking advantage of the UK benefits systems - I wonder what young Turks think of having to subsidise the healthcare of elderly ex-pats?

(Surprised you missed this opportunity, Scunner!)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 15:50:06 PM »
rpg9000,
        I believe that there is a HUGE difference between foreigners arriving in the U.K. & heading straight for the nearest benefits office, & boxerpetes situation where this couple are actually taking out & paying a premium for medical insurance, and then also paying for the treatment/operations, on top of their insurance premiums. When said foreigners arrive in "Easy-Street" Britain, they get benefits, & FREE medical assistance, when they have paid absolutely Nada, Zip, Nowt, F**kall into the benefits system, & can somehow get benefits for children living in their homeland????
There is no question of the so-called "young Turks" subsidising boxerpete, or any other ex-pat who takes out a similar insurance policy!!
Gordon.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 15:53:09 PM by GordonA »

Offline rpg9000

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 18:50:33 PM »
Gordon, your emotional outbursts do not alter the facts - and here I'm having to restrain myself from utilising the Caps Lock button.......

Overall, young working Turks on a decent salary (and thus paying the same contributions) will effectively be subsidising the healthcare of elderly ex-pat residents.

Offline cheers

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 19:13:02 PM »
I'm with you on this one Gordy!  Elderly people no matter what nationality can come to Britain and receive benefits and the best of medical care, all FREE! The same is not reciprocated in Turkey!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 19:14:59 PM »
Bulldust!!!!
OOOps, not to you, cheers!!:D aimed at the post by the guy with the rocket propelled grenade for a nickname!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 19:17:32 PM by GordonA »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 19:29:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by rpg9000

Gordon, your emotional outbursts do not alter the facts - and here I'm having to restrain myself from utilising the Caps Lock button.......

Overall, young working Turks on a decent salary (and thus paying the same contributions) will effectively be subsidising the healthcare of elderly ex-pat residents.

Tell us an example please.
I'm all ears as I'm sure are many others reading this thread.
Do you have information on the Turkish systems that we don't?  Or, have you been listening to some whinging barman?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 19:32:31 PM by Anne »

Offline yasemin3

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2010, 20:24:40 PM »
This is simply not true, another myth. When I have relatives visiting me in the UK from Turkey, elderly and all, when there is a generic healthcare need, we have to go to a private GP and get a private prescription, our GP cannot and will not see them. They are entitled to treatment at A + E if required but fortunately this has never been required. This is the same in Turkey for foreigners, where A + E treatment should not be chargeable.

quote:
Originally posted by cheers

I'm with you on this one Gordy!  Elderly people no matter what nationality can come to Britain and receive benefits and the best of medical care, all FREE! The same is not reciprocated in Turkey!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf