Author Topic: New bars  (Read 7424 times)

Offline George Warner

New bars
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:32:18 AM »
Are we being spoilt? Two new bars on the Koca Calis scene Ocakbaji,[Should be known as Inn the Sky }roof top bar situated behind the Surf Cafe,can't fail to see it at night,just look for the lights.Watch the sunset from here Wow!
 Limon Restaurant,wedged between Suats and the Birlik on the beach due to open tonight Turkish,Mexican,English believe the chef is ex Han and was with Suats when he first opened in Koca Calis

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
New bars
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:23:11 AM »
sounds good for the area, lets hope they dont go overboard with their prices
Ron

Offline lmaddy

New bars
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 13:03:43 PM »
can't wait to try this out when we are over in may, we were a fan of 1881 but it seems to have gone off the boil last time we were there.

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
New bars
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 13:36:04 PM »
So starting at the far end, there is Birlik, Limon, Sands, the (defunct) 1881, Tekin, Sky bar and Surf cafe, not forgetting the 'Little Sands', if its opening, think your correct George, we are being spoilt.  Nothing to do with the 350 ish properties about to come onto the market at the Hanel House developments do you think?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New bars
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 15:11:43 PM »
Funny - when we bought there 4.5 years ago, Jim and I (sent over by the wives to buy a little house in Turkey)reckoned it would take about 5 years for the area to come good in the way of bars and restaurants etc. We've not been disappointed on that front. If only they could sort the flooding out in our spot. Then it would be paradise found!

Offline George Warner

New bars
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 20:43:28 PM »
Update on the new bars.Just had our first meal in the Limon Restaurant,Chicken Madras{I know its not very Turkish!]But they do do Turkish. On the spot report,Food excellent,patron and staff very friendly and professional,establishment very clean and tidy a lot better than you would think from out side,prices very very reaonable,And for the ladies according to her who pays the bills the toilets are some of the nicest and cleanest she's used.All in all highly recommended  and a welcome addition to our end of Calis

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New bars
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 21:54:55 PM »
Sounds good - roll on June!

Offline incir

New bars
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 22:17:18 PM »
Sounds great -my sister & her husband will are looking forward to trying the new places- saves a long schelp to calis with 2 sprogs.

Offline garyo

New bars
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 22:16:51 PM »
Had several meals in Liman restaurant since it openend,excellent food and service at a reasonable price.The decor is good and clean.A really nice friendly family run restaurnt.

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
New bars
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 08:00:01 AM »
In anticipation of our arrival next month just haw many bars/restaurants does Koca Calis now boast?  I need to plan my itinary for the two weeks and would hate to think that I might miss out on a dining/drinking experience!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf