Author Topic: Wimbledon 2009  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by braveheart

Strange how Andy Murray does not seem to get the same hype from the UK media as Henman did - or is just my imagination ????

It's certainly is your imagination mate. :D Have you been living in a bunker? It's flipping Murray mania! All over the papers, it's the main topic of the Wimbledon TV coverage everyday!  :o

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

I didn't see the interview but I'm delighted that Murray has won because it brings him closer to a match up with my hero Roger Federer who will edge him out. Fed has to win this tournament to be confirmed as the greatest player of all time and I dont think he'll let anything stand in his way, including the young wipper snapper Murray. ;)

Murray is something like 6-1 up against Federer  :)

That won't matter on the day ( if it happens). Federer is running nicely into cruise control now!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 08:57:08 AM »
Great win by Andy Murray last night, lets hope he can make it all the way.  
It's time a Brit/Scot won Wimbledon.

Offline scorcher

Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 08:58:21 AM »
I'm thinking that the other Andy is the danger man - he seems to be on a mission and I see him in the final with you know who!

Offline braveheart

Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 09:13:38 AM »
Oh! that's good to hear !!
quote:

quote:

Strange how Andy Murray does not seem to get the same hype from the UK media as Henman did - or is just my imagination ????

It's certainly is your imagination mate. :D Have you been living in a bunker? It's flipping Murray mania! All over the papers, it's the main topic of the Wimbledon TV coverage everyday!  :o

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
quote:

Oh! that's good to hear !!
quote:

quote:

Just buy a paper and watch the news there will be no doubt!  ;)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 13:03:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by scorcher

I'm thinking that the other Andy is the danger man - he seems to be on a mission and I see him in the final with you know who!

I agree with you, I think Andy Roddick could well be a serious contender to both Murray and Federer but I honestly dont think he'll win. Not sure whose half of the drawer he is in though.I need to check it out.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 13:11:21 PM »
quote:

...brings him closer to a match up with my hero Roger Federer who will edge him out. Fed has to win this tournament to be confirmed as the greatest player of all time and I dont think he'll let anything stand in his way, including the young wipper snapper Murray. ;)

You could well be right JB but it will be no disgrace to lose to such a majestic player.

Greatest player of all time ?. Possibly. I would have loved to see Federer v McEnroe or Borg (my all time hero). Different eras I know, but what a match that would have been.

PS Oh to be a young wipper snapper again (or even whipper snapper) ;)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 17:35:01 PM »

[/quote]

You could well be right JB but it will be no disgrace to lose to such a majestic player.

Greatest player of all time ?. Possibly. I would have loved to see Federer v McEnroe or Borg (my all time hero). Different eras I know, but what a match that would have been.

PS Oh to be a young wipper snapper again (or even whipper snapper) ;)

[/quote]

The tag of greatest has to be decided by who wins more grand slams and as you probably are aware Fed is equal with Sampras but one more slam would make him the undisputed greatest. Thats why I think he'll beat Murray but I'm sure that Murray will bring the trophy home to England one day!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Wimbledon 2009
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »
Let's just wait and see if Federer reaches the Final. I feel an upset in the air. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf