Author Topic: Mortgage in Turkey  (Read 3694 times)

Offline sunnyd

Mortgage in Turkey
« on: September 15, 2009, 14:18:27 PM »
I was wondering, after Turkey introduced the 'mortgage' system, has anyone, tourist or resident, considered or actually taken out a mortgage here to purchase their 'home in the sun'.
A geniuine matter of interest... that's all :D

Offline davidzz

Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 21:36:13 PM »
We have not but I know someone who has taken one out last year.

David

Offline gyr

Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 13:48:00 PM »
Yes we did, with the Deniz bank - no problems but it took a while, I think because we were one of the first to get a mortgage from the Fethiye branch. One positive thing was that the funds were not released until we had the Tapu.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 16:50:52 PM »
Hello sunnyd,you live here,or your profile would suggest you do.You subscribe to the forum,why on earth do you not talk to the banker????If he can provide the information and can give you an idea of the mortgages he has approved,or not!!would that not give you a better idea,of the reality of the situation.Facts and figures on here mean nothing,opinions on here are questionable,go to the man that knows.with regards john

Offline Diverbaz 1

Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 16:54:44 PM »
So the banker can give peoples experiences eh!! jon, useless info from you yet again.

Baz
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 16:55:20 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline sunnyd

Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
Captainjon... yes I do live here... I would have spoken to banker if I wanted to know about the mortgage process.. but I don't.
As I stated in my original post.... anyone who has had this experience or thought about it.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 11:42:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

Hello sunnyd,you live here,or your profile would suggest you do.You subscribe to the forum,why on earth do you not talk to the banker????If he can provide the information and can give you an idea of the mortgages he has approved,or not!!would that not give you a better idea,of the reality of the situation.Facts and figures on here mean nothing,opinions on here are questionable,go to the man that knows.with regards john

forgive me if I speak out of turn, but you really do post a lot of antagonist twaddle :D  if facts and figures mean nothing and opinions questionable, why the hell do you bother ?   Sorry, i don't usually respond in such a way, but I have noticed a 'taint' to your postings that really isn't particularly helpful or friendly.

Offline GocekF

Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 19:47:58 PM »
Hello SunnyD yes we have taken out a mortgage in Turkey, this was with Deniz Bank in Fethiye last year. The process was straight forward and fairly quick and as somebody has already stated funds will not be released until the Tapu is issued to you, which is a good thing reading some of the strings on here. The only downside was that everything has to happen on the same day in regards to transfer of :) all documents etc so if anybody does do this be prepared for a very tiring day and a lot of signing.

Offline sunnyd

Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 07:14:06 AM »
Thanks for your post GocekF, that's quite helpful info. It's good that they won't release the funds till you have the tapu... was there a good reaction from the builder about this? As alot of builders want the majority of the money first, keeping the lowest percentage to pay when you have the tapu.
The main reason that I asked the question in the first place I suppose was, I was intrigued to know if was a popular thing, and what people thought about getting a mortgage in Turkey compared to the UK.

Offline lmaddy

Mortgage in Turkey
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 09:33:51 AM »
Sunnyd - we did it differently we got a mortgage via Turkish Bank's london branch pegged to the UK base rate.
A little time consuming in putting it in place & we did need to go to Turkey to go to the deeds office to sign everything over. What I am intrigued about is what happens when you sell- I haven't worked that one out yet if the buyer is getting a mortgage.

Regards
Lorraine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf