Author Topic: Af Kule Walk Tuesday 27th October  (Read 3363 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Af Kule Walk Tuesday 27th October
« on: September 18, 2009, 15:57:58 PM »
In order to get the best lighting conditions for those wishing to take photographs, we'll be meeting at the Af Kule turning on the road from Kaya Koyu to Gemiler Beach at 3.00pm. For those of you that are not familiar with this road, the turning is about 200 metres past the large "Sea Eagle" on the right-hand side of the road. Details of the walk are in the Outdoor section of The Fethiye Times, at http://www.fethiyetimes.com/ but we'll be cutting out the initial walk along the road.

You can copy and paste 36°34'29.67"N, 29° 3'15.71"E into the "Fly To" field of Google Earth for exact location of the meeting point.

Normally during the holiday season,all dolmuses from Fethiye / Ovacik / Hisaronu to Kaya go to Gemiler Beach and will stop at this turn by request. However, don't rely on this being the case at this time of the year. Check with the driver if he is going onto Gemiler from Kaya. If not, there is a Taxi stand in the centre of Kaya Koyu.

There is plenty of parking space for those wishing to use their own transport.

I'm not arranging anything in regards to food at the end of the walk, as there are plenty of options available.

Please make sure that you bring at least half a litre of water for your own use, and wear sensible shoes as a large part of the pathway is strewn with loose stones.

In order to get an idea of the number of members likely to be taking part, please contact me through my profile.

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
Alan,  Thank you for a lovely walk on Tuesday to Af Kule, we all enjoyed ourselves. The girls are looking forward to the next one!  We ate at Levissi and had the wine tour and a good meal to boot.  
The week as always went to quick, we ate at Koca Calis on Wednesday and joined in with the quiz, we came 2nd so did not disgrace ourselves too much! (before the wise cracks there were 7 teams not 2).  Back home now and looking for flights for Easter and May 2009.  Once again thanks very much, regards to Mrs KKOB and enjoy the tea bags.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:11:34 AM by Pompeylil »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:04:29 AM »
I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Thanks for the teabags. I'll pass your contribution for the Animal Sanctuary onto Tinkerman when I see him on Wednesday.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 17:39:52 PM »
Is there a walk to Olu Deniz from Kaya Alan? :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 17:52:52 PM »
There IS a path that goes over the hills.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 18:13:37 PM »
Is it difficult to follow do you know? I know a couple who tried it once and ended up having to be rescued by the Jandarma.
Do you know where it starts? I would like to try finding it one day. :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 18:49:36 PM »
It starts in the "Ghost Village".

I've done it 3 times without too much trouble although I haven't done it this year.

There are a couple of sections where the markings are difficult to find and there's the possibility of you going wrong.

I can't offer to come with you, as I'm a bit tied up with things at the moment. Also, with the weather being a bit changeable I'd advise you to wait until the Spring before attempting it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 18:51:07 PM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf