Author Topic: Road tax bill out of the blue  (Read 19608 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Road tax bill out of the blue
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 20:10:18 PM »
Hazel
     You can pay your coucil tax in Gunlukbasi if it is any easier

Badger  :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 06:02:22 AM »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 06:22:00 AM »
No body has yet explained how this tax is calculated. Take a theoretical case say 100 metres of road with five apartment blocks the cost of the strip of road is split between 30 families. Same stretch of road costs the same to resurface but now has 3 villas so cost is split between 3 families[?][?]
Does anyone actually have any figures yet for their situation:([?]

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 08:45:02 AM »
It seems from bills received by a number of Calis residents they are excessive when one considers the size of road frontage.Residents in Lissa links I am told have bills of 1000tl.Across the road people in a complex have even larger bills are,this is comparing a villa to an apartment?Fethiye Times have indeed given an explanation provided by the council,but this is not helpful to property owners who are not here right now.As there are a number of contributers to the forum who have turkish partners it may be useful if they could provide first hand information of their experience.There are also contributers to the forum who are in business such as cenk who are directly or indirectly in the loop as it were who might like to provide information as to the formula used for calculation of these bills.I find it difficult to believe that turkish people who may live in a small house but which has a large road frontage will accept bills similar to those being sent out so far.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »
My neighbour who has the duplex in our apartment block just paid his (via a friend who lives here).His council tax bill was 595TL.None of the figures seem to make sense.Our road has not been laid with concrete slabs, just tar and pebbles.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »
My originating post on this, quoting a figure was also for a duplex apt and was the gross figure,they actualypaid 650 tl.hope this helps.The location was adjacent the 22metre road.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 09:52:22 AM »
I don't get it.I pay nearly 800TL for my car road tax...isn't this supposed to be used for road works? or am I being dim? If that's the case why are car owners being charged double- bubble? 8)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/5924-road-tax-in-calis-whats-it-all-about.html

From the Fethiye Times
Mark

The article doesn't actually explain anything, "go to the relevant office & they will tell you how much you owe"?!!.  Why can't they issue the full details for everybody to see & understand these unexpected & unexplained extra Taxes :-\.

When & who passed the (I imagine) relevant law/paperwork to apply these charges & why were the details not previously made public?.  Is everybody who uses these roads paying towards the cost? Renters & Owners, Turks & Yabanci alike?.  Do the businesses that gain the most profit from the extra 'tourist's' & gain a 'revamped' town, pay more for the extra populus wear & tear?.

I can well imagine the uproar that would ensue if everybody in my town received a demand from the local council for extra monies out of the blue!  :o.  What planet are these guys on?? [xx(]: :).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:16:27 PM by cef »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »
I'm surprised that nobody's queried what the 6 monthly vehicle tax pays for !
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:26:42 PM by KKOB »

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 14:31:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

I'm surprised that nobody's queried what the 6 monthly vehicle tax pays for !

I just did 2 posts ago KKOB. :-\:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf