Author Topic: Which Hotel ?  (Read 4117 times)

Offline ukchris

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 15:43:24 PM »
Thanks, had a bit more of a look today

Easyjet have some really good flight times, morning out, afternoon back at pretty reasonable prices from Manchester.

My wife is put off them by the Airport program, but I know that is mainly Liverpool & Luton. Has anyone used them to fly from manchester ?

What worries me is if they just decide to cancel the flight, they only fly once a week from manchester I think so they couldn't even get you on a later flight.

I was looking at Gunes with Tulip Holidays and they are using the Easyjet flights. comes in at £245 each

I think sometimes you can have too much choice, and can worry too much. Before the internet I used to ring up off teletext and go to somewhere you would never have found in a brochure before you went, never know anyone else who has been before, but at the end of the day had a good time.

Offline wickwilly

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 16:59:12 PM »
The Hotel Seketur is worth checking out. They have a great pool although, as Tribalelder states,it wont be warm in May.

WW

Offline Foosey

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 17:18:12 PM »
Hotel Club E is very nice, small and friendly. I would give the Letoon a miss if this is your friends first trip to Turkey.

Offline ukchris

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »
ok, here's where I am up to.

The seketur has some great reviews on trip advisor, but I am struggling to find many pictures - or should I say decent pictures of rooms etc.

I have been looking at Hotel Idee also and it looks quite nice but can't find many reviews in English, mainly German so I am presuming the guests are mainly German.
The hotel has a good website http://www.ideehotel.com/ but not sure if I am drawn to this hotel because of what I can see picture wise in comparison to other hotels.

Has anyone been in or stayed there ? It has the palms restaurant at the front. It only has 20 rooms, what do you reckon the booking % would be for the first week in may ? I was thinking 30% full ?

Offline lisac

• Coventry, UK
Which Hotel ?
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 14:27:29 PM »
How about hotel mutlu that gets good reviews

Offline Jenny1

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 17:06:00 PM »
I agree Lisa, Mutlu is lovely, but a lot more expensive, brilliant spot!  :)

Offline Christie

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 20:29:53 PM »
We have stayed in the Seketur for many years - the pool is probably one of the best (if not the biggest) in Calis.   The rooms are very much on par with all the other three star hotels in Calis.  There is a good selection of food available at breakfast and Melih, on reception, is helpful, efficient and speaks good English.   I believe Thomsons are offering the Ceren and the Gunes this year - again, both these hotels very acceptable and smack on the promenade.

Offline Bluwise

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 13:51:50 PM »
If you are still looking for flights - try KTHY from Manchester - not great times coming back but reasonably priced.

Offline minimoo

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 15:03:25 PM »
My cousin has used easyjet many times to fly to Turkey and back from Gatwick. He has never had any problems with flights being cancelled. I get the impression from the tv program that it's the frequent, shorter flights that are a problem....and also I think that people missing flights, orr flights being cancelled probably makes far better viewing than if everything ran smoothly all the time.

Offline bridge7

Which Hotel ?
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 22:33:10 PM »
Club E every time you will impress your friends :) could not fault it!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf