Author Topic: Advance Passenger Infomation  (Read 5470 times)

Offline brianthegardener

Advance Passenger Infomation
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:08:10 AM »
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 00:13:51 AM by stoop »

Offline BM06

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:40:47 AM »
Funny that? same as normal yesterday Brian? no problems or checks, must be some time in the future, happy new year Brian hope to see you soon.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:05 AM »
It's no big deal. Takes about 1 minute to fill in the form on line. Been doing it a while now with Emirates. Think I did it for our trip to Portugal with BMI this coming October as well.

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:31:37 AM »
Yes I had to fill the form in a few days ok first time ever the only negative side i find is that i did not get a confirming email saying that it had been completed etc which worries me a bit as you have to put in passport number details etc:(

And kthy have not asked for this form to be filled in as yet there was absolutely nothing so it seems some airlines do it and some do not :( bit confusing really[xx(]

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:17:42 PM »
I fly to Spain in March then 3 times to Turkey this year at least and I havent been asked to fill anything in,should I be contacting my airlines(easy jet and Onur)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
Checked my bookings,I provided API when I booked with Easy Jet.Have spoken to Aegean who say Onur Air do not request nor have thety plans to request API.If this changes they will contact all customers prior to flying.

Offline joan

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 14:55:30 PM »
We booked flights with Thomas Cook two weeks ago going out 5th March coming back 22nd.Have had confirmation and tickets but no mention about API.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 15:46:12 PM »
You must fill it in Joan,details ontheir website.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 15:47:46 PM »
Just saw on another forum that it has been announced today that Turkey requires API so watch this space and be prepared to hear from your travel agent.
Air passengers travelling to and from Turkey from the UK and the EU must now provide additional information in advance of their journey.

For security reasons the US, most EU States, and other countries including Turkey now require airlines to provide details about their passengers before they travel.

This is known as Advance Passenger Information (API).
API is designed to enhance border security by providing Border Control Agencies with pre-arrival and departure manifest data on all passengers.
The information passengers provide is transmitted to Authorities by UK Charter Airlines 72 hours before departure with updates being provided through to day and time of departure.
Some travel operators will specify that customers must provide the Advanced Passenger Information so many days before departure so make sure you note the timescales.
Travellers will be asked to provide passenger details found on the 'machine-readable' page of their passport - that is the page containing the photograph.
They may be asked for:
full name
date of birth
country that issued your passport
date of passport expiration
Whilst it is possible to provide API at check-in travel operators are really not keen on adding another process to the already lengthy check-in process.
Any flights booked from now should request API information as part of the booking process but, if you have booked a flight and not provided this information, check back with your travel provider.
Make sure you input your details correctly or you could face ticket amendment fees or refusal to travel your destination.
Providing your API should not be confused with applying for a visa. You will still need to follow the entry rules for every country you visit, as well as any customs and passport control regulations.
Source Fethiyetimes

Offline Chinook

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 02:48:02 AM »
Joan you could not provide the information on the FTC site until the 20 January so I would suggest that you look at the website again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf